LegacyGT.com

Turbo oil line upgrade

So I'm having jmp rebuild my Vf-46. There was metal in my oil so as part of my rebuild I'm replacing nearly all oil parts.

I see BNR suggests running a turbo line from a sandwich plate directly to the turbo. I guess if I did this I'd run another line from the head directly to the acvs. Covertrussian and others look like they do a braided line with a tee from the head to both locations.

Any advantage to one or the other? I guess with a sandwich adapter I could use the other port to run an oil pressure gauge. Is the main reason for all this just avoiding having to bend the hard line? I'm not going to use banjo bolt filters so that's not a concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, it was because I was replacing a leaking hard line. It was leaking because they break easily. A braided line is also easier to install, so it all just made sense to just get the braided line. I used the IAG kit, and it fit up just fine and haven't had any problems with it.

Yea that makes sense. I have the whole thing out and apart so no real difficulties in running a line. I talked to jmp and he felt the stock location was better than an adapter plate and that there weren't any functional issues with the hard line. Just gotta be careful pulling the turbo on and off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The normal t is fine imo. Sandwich plate seems like hogwash and pointless. I think bnr had some crazy reasoning behind it but nothing actually substantial.

Also there is a plug next to the pcv on top of the block which is best place for oil pressure sensor.