LegacyGT.com

LGT 5EAT Upgrade Input

Planning to get an IPT 5EAT with custom TC installed in the next couple months. After that (and coupled with the Stage 1+ IAG built block), I should be able to handle more power.

I was thinking of adding the following with the IPT trans: Killer B Holy Header, Grimmspeed up pipe and Invidia DP (to replace an old CNT DP) then dyno tune. Headers and up pipe are really the only stock items left in the exhaust system. Only other stock thing would be the intake but from what I read it wouldn't really be necessary given my power goals (~350 WHP/WTQ). I'm guessing the limiting factor in this build is the VF48. Turbo will be the next upgrade but that's not for a couple years. I think it wouldn't hurt to get the header and up on for a smoother running engine now, though.

Guess my main questions are if the header and up is overkill given my power goals and if there are any other upgrades I should consider throwing in the mix? Other question was if I go with the header and up - would you guys suggest the ceramic coated versions?

Edited by amm203

If you’re doing the KBHH get it ceramic coated and also get the EWG version. Even if you don’t want to go EWG you can use a block-off plate and your build will be future-proof in that aspect. I have the IWG version and now I want EWG but that means shipping the entire setup hack to them to have an UP built on their jig. Pisses me off that I didn’t realize this at the time.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder