LegacyGT.com

Cincy05LGT's 2005 LGT Build

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post a picture? I'm curious how loose they are. Maybe the fitment of the aftermarket arm used a slightly different bushing that is unique to the arm.
I'll post pics tomorrow. They're not rattling around in there or anything, but I can easily push them in with my hand. I'll take a pair of calipers to the oem vs whiteline tomorrow also.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

The Loctite 660 suggestion got me thinking.

Ended up sticking with the Whiteline KCA334 ALK. I chose to adhesively bond them into the aluminum arms after a grit blast surface prep and solvent wipe. I just finished up a research project at work on Huntsman Araldite 2022-1 epoxy and had zero doubts about which adhesive system to use. Access to USAF bonding procedures and aerospace grade epoxy FTW.

Edited by Cincy05LGT

My whiteline 20mm RSB arrived today to go along with the AVO brackets and kartboy endlinks. Project "neutralize the understeer" is well underway. I'm really hopeful that increasing rear roll stiffness while improving front grip through increased camber and caster will do the trick.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this car is a ******* animal. The new upgrades made a massive difference in turn in, and overall grip and balance. I managed to bring home a runner up trophy in XA class in the ultra competitive Cincinnati region SCCA behind a 2018 STi. Still at -1° front camber with the factory bolts maxxed, so a few more degrees should erase any remaining hints of understeer.

The only concern this weekend was my learning view after the event showed quite a bit of pulled timing. I fear I may be maxxed out on fueling with oem sidefeeds on this 16g at 20psi...

Next up is camber plates, corner balance, and oil temp/pressure gauges.ee0803546e9808e556e8823f45b041e3.jpg

Yeah, OEM sidefeeds tend to start going at the age our cars are at. I lost an injector a few weeks ago and had Surgeline swap in some OEM STi topfeeds, plus an EBCS. Car runs much better.

Definitely would recommend the oil gauges with what appears to be your use-case for your car. Looks sweet man! ABP gang!

• 2 months later...

I got issues, could use some help. I did an HPDE last month at Mid Ohio, car ran absolutely amazing. Checked LV's throughout the event, trims were +/-1% with no flkc. This week, I'm seeing fuel trims increasing with hunting idle when coming to a stop.

I attempted a boost leak test, but find I'm unable to build pressure without the oil cap on and tight. Should I be able to build crankcase pressure through the intake this easily, or is it TFANSB?

Maybe a failed PCV?

I'm really hoping this is just something stupid...

1fda3b76aacf2b82d0625fed22d076fb.jpg

Edited by Cincy05LGT
Spelling

I was able to block off the inlet side of the TMIC, and pressurize the intake through the PCV nipple. Holds 10 psi with no leaks, even with the oil fill cap removed. So, this solved the crankcase pressurization issue. Pulled the PCV valve, still rattles and passes the blow test (can only blow thru in one direction) which is confusing... Regardless, I have a new oem PCV assembly on the way. Stay tuned for an update after reassembly this week.