LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

It's that time of season. Buy all the stuff to have fun with it all summer.

Here, here. Since mid-December my bill for the wagon's JDM postfacelift conversion and 18g turbo upgrade supporting mods has crept into the 5 digit range. I've also bought some other parts that aren't specifically related to either project as well.

Going to be a hell of a summer though.:cool:

Well for anyone who's really feeling bad about it. I'm at uhhh 15k ish for my stock obxt.

It's stage one, turbo inlet, tinted windows, mud flaps, skid plate, shift knob.

No that doesn't include the purchase price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my LGT 3 years old with 21k on the clock, and I know through all I've done with it I've essentially bought it twice and then some. I did the math at one point, and then quickly shredded the evidence.

Lol, i paid more than 15k for mine many moons ago, and so figured i was worse off than you. Probably only spent a few thousand on it since, excluding gas.

Yea I bought it for 10k for everything. Wasn't expecting the engine to go.

My self consolation is that I've done so much to bring it back, that I've got a car with a lot of life now. And a whole bunch of tools too.

Haha I feel that. But I HAD to get those SUPER hard to find edm fog light. And with a matching jdm rear fog. It'll look good at least.

I thin I will be set after this. I am not trying to make crazy power, but it looks like I will lol. We just like to not cut corners and do things right that first time. I paid 2300 for my car form a 38 year old lady with 2 kids and it was bone stock with bad turbo. Got a good amount in parts.

I am skipping wheels cause they have not been released yet, and getting some nice DWS, or General AS-04s on stocks. I have 2 little kids that have things coming up lol

This conversation makes me feel anxious.

Haha I've ultimately stopped trying to figure out where money goes in my life. Between bicycles, skiing, now motorsports. It used to all go to much less healthy things so this is better than some alternatives.

Don't do the math... you might be winning!

I'm pretty sure 05MNLGT with his S402 rep build is winning. I'd be curious to see the numbers behind that build. The accountant in me wishes there was a thread dedicated to some of the more expensive builds with spreadsheets to see everything that's gone into each. Similar to yours but with a little bit more detail for each of the categories.

I hear that. I have a tally, but I've strategically placed the total calcs way down on the sheet. Never scroll to the forbidden place, tis a realm of sorrow and mild regret.

I've got all receipts saved for mine but I've never had the urge to summarize it all in an excel sheet. Mainly because it's a labor of love and not a financial investment. By that I mean I don't expect to get anything back out of it above the going rate for scrap metal. My investment is hopefully for many years of enjoyment driving an incredibly fun & unique car. With that being said, all in, I'm in the low $40k range currently and I still have plans for a built motor, 6 spd swap, and 6/2 pot brembo conversion.

I've got all receipts saved for mine but I've never had the urge to summarize it all in an excel sheet. Mainly because it's a labor of love and not a financial investment. By that I mean I don't expect to get anything back out of it above the going rate for scrap metal. My investment is hopefully for many years of enjoyment driving an incredibly fun & unique car. With that being said, all in, I'm in the low $40k range currently and I still have plans for a built motor, 6 spd swap, and 6/2 pot brembo conversion.

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MO-NAYYYYY [insert song here]

I'm scared that I'll pour that much into the RX-7. Only time will tell. I just have to keep reminding myself "Budget. Budget. Budget." and hope that I listen. "Budget."

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I'm pretty sure 05MNLGT with his S402 rep build is winning. I'd be curious to see the numbers behind that build. The accountant in me wishes there was a thread dedicated to some of the more expensive builds with spreadsheets to see everything that's gone into each. Similar to yours but with a little bit more detail for each of the categories.

When I tallied mine I was clear passed the 30k range and cosmetically speaking your cars are in better shape than mine. I purposely drive around with tinted windows that are bubbling up in the passenger side because I've convinced myself that when a cop pulls me over he'll just assume my car is just lowered with an exhaust and nice wheels because any self respecting car enthusiast would have the tint replaced and as such there's nothing special going on with the car.

More importantly though, like you this is a labor of love rather than an investment. Still I hope if and when the time comes I can get at least 12k for the car. One can hope, right? :lol:

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MO-NAYYYYY [insert song here]

I'm scared that I'll pour that much into the RX-7. Only time will tell. I just have to keep reminding myself "Budget. Budget. Budget." and hope that I listen. "Budget."

Go check out grassroots motorsports if you don't already. It's like the land of exceedingly cheap but functional and there's a lot of rx-7 people there. I mean on of their main events is the $2000 challenge.

I think that's the thing for most of us honestly. It's a love of the car not the financial sense of it.

I would like to know what typical costs are for more "normal" things though. Like a short block replacement is $5k in parts. Or replacing aged rubber bushings is $700 for the whole vehicle. That's the main reason I want the tally.

Because no one is going to care that I'm currently almost $300 into reverse lights.

You're absolutely right; I assume that S402 build is easily winning.

I've got tabs for every area of the build; engine, trans swap, brakes/suspension, fuel system, etc. including part numbers for everything I purchased new or used. This is summarized on the main page and mostly adds up, save for the addition of a handful of purchases for which I did not have OEM/aftermarket part numbers and information. Happy to share, I just didn't think anyone would care.

I figured you did and I'll probably put a worksheet together for all my receipts together someday, just not in a rush too. I know I'll be deeply disturbed by total I've paid in shipping getting parts from Japan and realizing I could have bought a NA Miata instead to toy around with.

I wouldn't mind sharing mine either once it's actually done. I don't even know if many people would want to see that but I always thought it would be nifty if there was thread dedicated to all expenses of different builds and its' aspects. It could give perspective to new owners looking to modify their cars or help other owners plan/budget for future modifications. Ideally would have builds were the majority of the labor was outsourced vs. a more DIY approach to see the difference there as well.

Repaired the rear bumper after sustaining a bad rub in the first week of ownership. It was a hit and run too. Not perfect, but not bad considering I sprayed it with a rattle can....

First DIY body repair5c3452d439118e3d7267289482b8a25b.jpg09c08f2239bbdf2c8ad0f2ff9b969eaf.jpg9597a80693b62cda2c51a878a3ababfe.jpg959a1895a0429a6955cf6cd2b4f1e431.jpg295195467d6cd6bf430af521bc1401af.jpga790a5749d8bfbc3993c6bff3e1b602a.jpg211d4ae6a5c10ceeb6a9356ce8bd2f59.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk