LegacyGT.com

Missing fuse in dash

Was cleaning out the interior for spring, found a 35 amp fuse under the driver side mat. Checking the fuses, a 30 amp fuse is missing in lower left corner marked "P/W Main 1". Windows work and everything else as far as I know.

Anybody know what this is for?

IMG_0024.thumb.JPG.159757c4081b73521347d623e5ea0dfd.JPG

Does that slot have fuse terminals in them?

Maybe that is a spare fuse but weird to find an empty slot without losing its listed functions. Unless someone has been mucking arojnd in there. PO maybe if any?

that slot wasn't populated in my GT, either - it is wired and always hot, though. I ended up putting a small fuse in an expander on that slot so that I could power my boost gauge.

Does that slot have fuse terminals in them?

Maybe that is a spare fuse but weird to find an empty slot without losing its listed functions. Unless someone has been mucking arojnd in there. PO maybe if any?

I think there are terminals there, I'll check tomorrow. It is 11 floors down.

Odd that Burning Monkey has same position empty, and that I had a loose 35 amp fuse floating around.

" PO maybe if any?" Not sure what you mean there, Scubaboo.

From what I figured out finding a place to wire my own boost gauge, that empty location has ignition power, and it stays hot while cranking. Must be that it does something in a different market?

From what I figured out finding a place to wire my own boost gauge, that empty location has ignition power, and it stays hot while cranking. Must be that it does something in a different market?

Maybe its for that feature I've heard about in some other country that raises the windows by way of the FOB .

I notice that as well month's ago when I was trying to see why my window keep going out of sync. I stuck a fuse in there thought it will resolved my window sync issue and it did not. I'm still scratching my head to see why I have to keep syncing the windows (every week or so).

I'm planing to get a new battery (still on the original battery @98k miles). The battery still fires up but in the colder month it struggle a little bit.

Edited by amusa

I wouldn't be too surprised if it turned out that the battery is the issue. Electronics do strange things when their supply voltage dips, could be that cranking the engine drags the voltage down low enough to reset whatever it is that holds that window calibration.

Also, it sucks a lot less to change your battery in the summer than in the dead of winter, at night, when it's 20 degrees and windy. Ask me how I know...

I wouldn't be too surprised if it turned out that the battery is the issue. Electronics do strange things when their supply voltage dips, could be that cranking the engine drags the voltage down low enough to reset whatever it is that holds that window calibration.

Also, it sucks a lot less to change your battery in the summer than in the dead of winter, at night, when it's 20 degrees and windy. Ask me how I know...

I know I had to jump a vehicle battery in the middle of Chicago snow storm back when I was living in Chicago. I know the feeling.

Window does not go all the way down or up. You have to keep pushing the button on the window switch to open or closed the window.

hmmmm, I always figured they used some kind of switch to know when the window was fully up or fully down to block either the up or down function.

hmmmm, I always figured they used some kind of switch to know when the window was fully up or fully down to block either the up or down function.

There are relay's and circuit breaker that also part of the window diagram. I did not test it with a ohm meter to confirm, if any of the components are bad.

I believe it comes down to the factory car battery and suspected there is a voltage surge or drop. When the motor has not been turned over in over 10 hours or so. That cause the window to reset itself. For example when you disconnect the battery and reconnect, some vehicle will ask for a code/pin number to unlock the factory radio/Navi.

Edited by amusa

There are relay's and circuit breaker that also part of the window diagram. I did not test it with a ohm meter to confirm, if any of the components are bad.

I believe it comes down to the factory car battery and suspected there is a voltage surge or drop. When the motor has not been turned over in over 10 hours or so. That cause the window to reset itself. For example when you disconnect the battery and reconnect, some vehicle will ask for a code/pin number to unlock the factory radio/Navi.

must be a 13+ thing. I've had my battery disconnected plenty of times and my NAV has never asked for a pin, just runs through the full boot up process

must be a 13+ thing. I've had my battery disconnected plenty of times and my NAV has never asked for a pin, just runs through the full boot up process

I know for sure Acura/Honda, Mitsubishi, etc. uses the pin code. Not sure if Subaru uses the code or not. Sometime some has a battery back-up like the one in my Mercedes if you disconnect the battery. The radio will never reset.

Huh, when I drove my car home the other night I noticed the auto up/down no longer works on my driver's side window. I had the battery out for 5 weeks or so.

amusa, how do you sync the window again, if that is indeed what you were talking about...?

Run it up and hold the switch up for a bit, and do the same thing for down. I think there's some sort of fancy current-sensing circuitry that has to calibrate so that it knows what "normal" load is compared to stall current.

Huh, when I drove my car home the other night I noticed the auto up/down no longer works on my driver's side window. I had the battery out for 5 weeks or so.

amusa, how do you sync the window again, if that is indeed what you were talking about...?

Yes, this is what I was trying to explain. I listed the procedure to re-sync the window's see below.

Run it up and hold the switch up for a bit, and do the same thing for down. I think there's some sort of fancy current-sensing circuitry that has to calibrate so that it knows what "normal" load is compared to stall current.

Proper procedure from owner manual 2-35.

Initialization of power window

If the vehicle’s battery is disconnected due

to situations such as battery or fuse

replacement, the following functions are

deactivated.

. One-touch auto up/down function

. Anti-entrapment function

Initialize the power window in the following

procedure to reactivate such functions.

1. Close the driver’s door.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON”

position.

3. Open the driver’s side window halfway

by pushing down the power window

switch.

4. Pull up the power window switch and

close the window completely. Continue

pulling up the switch for approximately 1

second after the window is closed completely.

Edited by amusa