LegacyGT.com

Windows alternative to Nexus 7

Andy_Mac

I'm at a bit of a crossroads regarding how to go forward with an in dash tablet setup.

While the current Nexus has done perfectly in most regards the battery life is fairly poor these days and there doesn't seem to be any solution for connecting to my aftermarket ECU without a crazy amount of work that may or may not work.

So I'm thinking either try find a windows tablet small enough to fit the current dash hole or get hold of a touchscreen and use it with one of those Intel all in one stick PC’s. Or the last option would be to get rid of it completely and just go with some form of ECU display at a horrendous cost I'm sure.

The lack of Google maps is a bit disappointing but I'm sure some of the available Windows options are alright.

Don't suppose any of you have tried anything along these lines or have any other directions to go I might not have come across yet?

Most of the info in the carpc page seems quite a few years out of date.

Edited by Andy_Mac

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Yea have seen you can get replacement batteries online. Some kind of remote battery setup would be ideal as the heat really hammers it which I suspect is most of the problem.

The aftermarket ECU is the bigger hurdle but but making it work with Android still seems better than switching to a halfarse windows setup.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness