LegacyGT.com

Why does my car shake at idle after a cold start?

Start the car in the morning and it feels fine, idle is at ~1k, drive to the stop sign in my neighborhood and it starts to shake a little once I get to a complete stop, still idle at 1k, then I get to a light just outside my neighborhood and it starts shaking like a Chihuahua in February, still idle at 1k. The rest of the day it's fine even after work where it sits for 8 hours. Any ideas?

Had the same issue for a while and then I eventually was throwing a p304 code and had a cel. I took it too the dealership and had them run a diagnostic. The technician changed the maf and swapped the injectors around, cleared the code and then all was well....... Well not exactly the code, the stutter, and the cel all came back. Long story short of shasing and hoping, I put in some new injectors and have not had a problem since.

I've been having the same issue, bought some MAF cleaner today, gonna try tomorrow morning before I leave for work.

I am also having the CEL same code for cyl 4 misfire, it used to be for cyl 3 then it changed. Thing is it's on one day then off for a few, then comes back. Anyway not my thread. I will report on the MAF cleaning.

The o-rings usaully present a problem this time of year too. When you see the new o-rings next to the old ones you'll understand the problem.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Mine seems to be doing the same thing, but always when idle, no matter how far/long I have driven it. When I test drove it out of the dealer, they just told me all LGTs from this era do it.

Will try the MAF cleaner this next set of days I have off. IF that doesn't work, than o-rings will be next....

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/clean-maf-153796.html?t=153796

Pull it out by removing the harness connector.

Remove the two Phillips screws.

Pull up on the sensor.

Spray liberally into the channel, look closely there is an element up there that is what you really want to be sure is clean.

Protect your eyeballs. J

Don't go probing in there with a Qtip!

Let air dry before putting back in the car.

Archived