LegacyGT.com

Euro Osram Silverstar - dead after <3months

nomoreS4

Well, I was warned about the shorter lifespan of the Euro Osram H7 Silverstars, but I thought I'd take my chances, installing them late last fall. This morning, noticed one was dead; pulled it out, sure enough, broken filament.

I guess the combination of DRL's here in Canada, along with cold weather that increases the stiffness of the suspension conspired to even further shorten its lifespan.

I re-installed the stock OEM (Philips) H7, and couldn't really see any difference (real test will come when driving at night).

So...if I were you, save your $$$, it ain't worth it!

i installed the sylvania silverstars a couple months ago, .. they are a big improvement over the OEM, .. some people had said they looked blue, but i do not think so.

It's the domestically-available Silverstars that appear blue...European version of it doesn't, maybe that's why some think they are blue, as they're referring to the North American version.

mayb give HIDs a try? very long lasting

I did a HID kit for one of previous cars (96 Audi S6), using the Philips kit from autolamps-online.com, and was pretty pleased with it.

I found the stock projecters with the OEM Philips H7's to be pretty effective...making the jump to HID isn't really necessary, IMHO. Not just from a $$ point of view, but like others here have stated, HIDs may make you more "pulloverable" in a radar situation. I like the stealth look of non-HIDs.

Archived