LegacyGT.com

anzo headlights

Has anyone had any fitment issues installing these headlights? I got them on but the right headlight doesn't line up well with the original holes. Took a lot of extra force to get it to stay in place. Also the top of the headlights don't seem to sit flush with the top of the fender.

Thanks a ton for the alignment how-to. Hate how low they are set stock. Only throws it about 5 ft in front of the car.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my driver side fit great but the passenger side seemed to have a bit more gap than I would like. It was almost like it was exposed to heat or something and didn't want to work with me. I eventually got it on though.

I don't think about it anymore and just enjoy them. I keep forgetting to fix the alignment for mine. I was about 10 feet too close to the wall. You're supposed to be 25 feet back and raise them to 4 feet above the ground at that distance, IIRC. They don't seem to want to go up as far as stock. Maybe some day I'll figure out how to get them to raise up a bit more.

One of the techs at the dealership we're eyeing them up. I'm surprised he didn't ask where I got them being that I'm sure they've never seen them there before.

IMG_20170720_204457.thumb.jpg.0955c46e775fedce43d7089763d21957.jpg

20663592_10155419597712367_8346742967894181129_n.jpg.109c662ad66fe86cddad0ee7d7f7bba9.jpg

Edited by Timothy.B

The rear cap for the highbeam bulb on these sticks out about 3/4 inch. This is not on the factory headlights. On the driver's side it's not a problem. On the passenger side it interferes with part of the frame that supports the radiator. It will cause that headlight to aim poorly and will be a struggle to fit unless you bend part of that support to make room for it.

• 4 weeks later...
They will work, you just have to massage the metal on the passenger side. Trust me, they fit. The u-bars will never be DRL unless you get clever with the wiring. They are parking lights technically. Also those upper mount tabs should be in the boxes with some screws to attach them.

Again, Anzo = Eagle Eyes/Eagle Eyes = Anzo. Exact same lights coming from the same factory.

Do you have pictures or can you describe better the "massaging" you did to the upper frame behind the headlight on the right hand side?

• 1 year later...

Reviving this thread, so I finally got to installing these cough cough 4 years later forgot to check this thread and also learned that the pass side does not fit well :spin::spin::spin::spin::spin: and so before I try this again looking for some tips on how the metal was massaged? I was tempted to cut but probably not a good idea.

My second question is how do you adjust the light height on these, is it that long skinny bolt coming out the back

Thanks

Reviving this thread, so I finally got to installing these cough cough 4 years later forgot to check this thread and also learned that the pass side does not fit well :spin::spin::spin::spin::spin: and so before I try this again looking for some tips on how the metal was massaged? I was tempted to cut but probably not a good idea.

My second question is how do you adjust the light height on these, is it that long skinny bolt coming out the back

Thanks

To adjust the light it should be a 10mm or 12 mm nut on the back of the headlight easy to access.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

To adjust the light it should be a 10mm or 12 mm nut on the back of the headlight easy to access.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Thanks, so I guess there are 2 , 1 high beam and one low beam? Any chance you know the specs I thought I read hear 25 ft away light has to be 4 ft off the ground?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
Anybody know how to adjust the beams on these?

It should be somewhat similar to OEM headlights. Getting access to the screws is a little tricky. I recommend a long Philips screwdriver and a flat ratcheting wrench (8mm I think - I don't remember).

I managed to adjust mine without moving the battery and just removing the intake duct on the other side.

Wow, can’t believe I remembered my password on here after all these years. Sold the legacy back in 2016 after a couple seasons of car shows. If I remember correctly, there are Phillips head adjustment screws, exposed, next to each bulb cover. Turning those in one direction or another should adjust the beam up and down. There should be one screw for high beams and one screw for low beams.

It should be somewhat similar to OEM headlights. Getting access to the screws is a little tricky. I recommend a long Philips screwdriver and a flat ratcheting wrench (8mm I think - I don't remember).

I managed to adjust mine without moving the battery and just removing the intake duct on the other side.

I have this issue where the left beams are lower than the right ones by a lot and i don’t think they go up any higher

I have this issue where the left beams are lower than the right ones by a lot and i don’t think they go up any higher

I have this issue but with my right high beam. I think the adjustment screw fell out of place or something broke inside. When I adjust it, nothing happens. I had them adjusted before and randomly noticed one side was all the way down.

I have this issue but with my right high beam. I think the adjustment screw fell out of place or something broke inside. When I adjust it, nothing happens. I had them adjusted before and randomly noticed one side was all the way down.

Yeah it’s especially noticeable for my brights as well, have u also noticed the bulbs that come with it are not bright at all? Im considering changing them but id have to take the whole headlight out unfortunately

I do remember them being a little dim. I replaced both after one burnt out a while ago. For the high beam, I don't believe you have to remove the headlight as they are easy to get to. I do recommend taking the headlight out for the low beams.

As for fixing the adjustment screw, over the summer I may end up taking the headlights apart and having a peak inside. I had this crazy idea of retrofitting a Morimoto Mini High Beam kit in place of the stock high beams. Also replacing the U-bar and amber turn signal LEDs with something brighter and more uniform. The turn signal LEDs are super dim during the day compared to some of the newer cars I drove. I also need to clean the lens as they are starting to peal a little bit.

Yeah it’s especially noticeable for my brights as well, have u also noticed the bulbs that come with it are not bright at all? I'm considering changing them but id have to take the whole headlight out unfortunately
Edited by ssulb

• 2 months later...

I have VLED's in mine. Cut off is perfect, each side has a step up in the cutoff, so you can adjust them to get a staircase-looking cutoff line so you have more light on the passenger side without blinding anyone on the driver side.

The VLED's I have didn't fit behind the low-beam dust covers, so I made my own, but the newer bulbs might have a chance of fitting. High beams fit perfect.

Just got my set. Waiting on protection film to come in.

Has anyone else added preventative wear and tear protection. Quality looks great but you know... aftermarket plastic.

Also the high beams are H1 style, not oe 9005

I didn't add anything to mine, but I should have. The plastic is good, but whatever clear coating they put on it has been flaking off. I think a particularly acidic soap I used once kick started it, and in the year or so since then about 1/3 of each light has flaked off.