LegacyGT.com

Opinion on H6 vs the turbo 4

You can only get the 3.0r with an automatic. You can get the GT in a 5mt or 6mt (spec b.) and there are many options for mods. I chose the GT because those are the things that are important to me. If you want an auto and don't plan on modifying then maybe the H6 would make sense for you. It's all about personal preference.

The true difference is pretty obvious... one is a naturally aspirated 6-cylinder, 3-liter motor and the other is a turbocharged 2.5-liter, 4-cylinder motor. You need to go test drive both to see which is the right one.

one is a naturally aspirated 6-cylinder, 3-liter motor and the other is a turbocharged 2.5-liter, 4-cylinder motor.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z151/Legacy_NSFW/Funny/captain-obvious-sm.jpg

I would think that long term, the 6 would be more reliable because there is zero chance of turbo failure. It would appear that as you close in on 100,000+ miles on the 4, that turbo replacement would be of concern. But that does give a chance for upgrades...

I would agree with the previous poster, drive both and see which one you like.

When I was shopping for my car, I had all the choices narrowed down to the GT or the 3.0. I chose the 3.0 and I dont regret it. I love the way my car drives, nice and smoothe acceleration, it never lets me down. I guess the benefit to not owning the turbo is that I will not be tempted to spend money on modifications.

Archived