LegacyGT.com

Official 6th Gen Legacy Aftermarket Mods and Accessories

Glad the combo's working out for you!

How much did you get your Cusco Strut Bar? Do you think it can be shipped to the Philippines?

I can't help you with part numbers since Cusco China (market's so big there they have their own Chinese factory cuz it makes more sense than constant bulk imports from Japan) uses different ones, but here's what the right Cusco front strut brace for the sixth-gen Legacy looks like. And here's a pic of the Chinese part number too, just for the heck of it. Hope it helps folks:

ffd4466b0ca38dbbe8bca0807e6e5aff.jpg

7be12cabffe45c32c20c8770c308a647.jpg

8d5abca868ca98f4857b7f436a1aad15.jpg

6ec2d9a4fb9c3a9ea2c6b0fbefe8755a.jpg

How much did you get your Cusco Strut Bar?

I paid about US$150 before shipping.

I don’t think they'll ship to The Philippines unless you can find a freight forwarder in China to handle that for you.

I know this isn't helpful to anyone who can't read Chinese, but here's the link to the Cusco front strut brace on Chinese online marketplace Taobao, which is kinda like China's eBay: http://m.tb.cn/h.3cn3aXc

@redvenetian on Instagram

That's a different part number than what was originally stated on here. I've tried looking up that part number and i can't find anyone in the states that sells it. Where can I get this? Edited by diesel4982

That's a different part number than what was originally stated on here. I've tried looking up that part number and i can't find anyone in the states that sells it. Where can I get this?

If you're talking about the Cusco China part number for the front strut brace I shared above, yeah, I know it's completely different from anything Stateside. I shared it more to show that Cusco does indeed make front strut braces, and that they look like the latest-gen Cusco braces - all blue - rather than the earlier gen blue and chrome. So if you see blue and chrome, it's probably the wrong part.

As far as I know, the only way to purchase that Cusco China part number is to buy it from a seller in China, which is what I've done a lot of. Sorry I can't be of more practical help. Quite a few fellow 6th-gen Legacy owners have asked me to help them buy parts from China but, unfortunately, I don't have the time for that. I barely have enough time to see to my own car lately.

@redvenetian on Instagram

• 3 months later...
Is takeda still the only CAÍ for our cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See my post from about 5 pages ago. There are other options but they are definitely on the pricey side.

Hey there 6th gen folks. Wanted to share a couple parts I've come across recently that I thought might not be known here. These are actual power mods that are specific to the FB25 engine (shocking, right!), so they'll fit 6th gen Legacy/Outback 2.5i's and 5th gen 2.5i's from 2013-2014. They are both similar products, and although pricey, both are from well known JDM aftermarket manufacturers and may be worth it to interested individuals.

----------

SYMS Racing Flow Suction Box (for FB25)

MSRP ¥79,500 (roughly ~$706 USD)

SYMS part # Y2000EG009

http://syms.jp/car_category/intake_legacy_bnbs/

gAnPGqX.jpg

gzVzFeg.jpg

This will fit all 6th gen Legacy/Outback 2.5i, and will fit 2013-2014 Legacy/Outback 2.5i as well. Check the SYMS website for other products as well.

----------

Kakimoto Racing Air Intake Chamber

MSRP ¥ 75,000 (Roughly ~$666 USD)

Kakimoto part # BIC 350

http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/products/bic350.html

RcuIXgt.jpg

9q4JrkD.jpg

Same fitment as above, but Kakimoto also makes a similar intake chamber for just about every single NA Subaru model/engine. Full list here: http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/products/intake_list.html

----------

Both of these serve the same function, and I couldn't say which one is better or worse, so it's mostly down to whichever one you like the look of better. The Kakimoto is just about as expensive as the SYMS, but I have seen the Kakimoto one pop up used in places like Croooober (Up Garage) and Yahoo.jp auctions in near new condition for about half the price of the MSRP. I've never seen a SYMS one pop up used before. If you want to buy these new, you'll likely have to go through somewhere like JapanParts, and I think Croooober can arrange new buys as well.

• 4 months later...
Hey there 6th gen folks. Wanted to share a couple parts I've come across recently that I thought might not be known here. These are actual power mods that are specific to the FB25 engine (shocking, right!), so they'll fit 6th gen Legacy/Outback 2.5i's and 5th gen 2.5i's from 2013-2014. They are both similar products, and although pricey, both are from well known JDM aftermarket manufacturers and may be worth it to interested individuals.

----------

SYMS Racing Flow Suction Box (for FB25)

MSRP ¥79,500 (roughly ~$706 USD)

SYMS part # Y2000EG009

http://syms.jp/car_category/intake_legacy_bnbs/

gAnPGqX.jpg

gzVzFeg.jpg

This will fit all 6th gen Legacy/Outback 2.5i, and will fit 2013-2014 Legacy/Outback 2.5i as well. Check the SYMS website for other products as well.

----------

Kakimoto Racing Air Intake Chamber

MSRP ¥ 75,000 (Roughly ~$666 USD)

Kakimoto part # BIC 350

http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/products/bic350.html

RcuIXgt.jpg

9q4JrkD.jpg

Same fitment as above, but Kakimoto also makes a similar intake chamber for just about every single NA Subaru model/engine. Full list here: http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/products/intake_list.html

----------

Both of these serve the same function, and I couldn't say which one is better or worse, so it's mostly down to whichever one you like the look of better. The Kakimoto is just about as expensive as the SYMS, but I have seen the Kakimoto one pop up used in places like Croooober (Up Garage) and Yahoo.jp auctions in near new condition for about half the price of the MSRP. I've never seen a SYMS one pop up used before. If you want to buy these new, you'll likely have to go through somewhere like JapanParts, and I think Croooober can arrange new buys as well.

Nice, I will definitely install this!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ok, the Takeda intake DOES work on the 19 Legacy 2.5's...

Define "work." Fit? Yes. Increase intake noise? Definitely. Significantly increase engine horsepower, torque, or driveability? Unsubstantiated.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For those that are running the Whiteline 24mm RSB (Part # BSR49XXZ), what supporting mods have you done to the front suspension, more specifically for the FSB? I have read of some guys using a 24mm FSB for a 2008-2014 STi (Part # BSF39XZ), but from what I have seen there has been some small fitment issues. Wanted to know if anybody has found any alternatives or possibly what the trick is to get the Whiteline FSB to fit

Define "work." Fit? Yes. Increase intake noise? Definitely. Significantly increase engine horsepower, torque, or driveability? Unsubstantiated.

Yes, it makes a very noticeable difference on rolling starts and highway on ramps... not so much from a dead stop, but I dont floor it until I'm moving, and even then I roll into it gradually.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...