LegacyGT.com

Leather interiors, what do you use?

I need to give the interior on my Spec a good cleaning and I was curious what everybody has used and is happy with for cleaning and treating the leather. This car is the first one I've owned that hasn't had a cloth interior and I'd like to do it right. Please let me know. Thanks.

I have also been using Meguiar's on the leather and like it but has a tendency to "goop up" in the seat perforations. I also have used Lexol and like it.

I love the Wolfgang sealant and if you haven't tried this stuff, you have to. it is the best. I imagine their interior stuff would be good and will search for the threads that Heights mentions.

I have also been using Meguiar's on the leather and like it but has a tendency to "goop up" in the seat perforations.

I just used the Meguiar's liquid the other day, and noticed this as well. After the getting a bunch in the passenger seat perforations, I made sure to rub it into the cloth really good before applying to the seat.

Any suggestions for getting it out of the holes? Or just wait for it to wear off onto my passenger's clothes? ;)

I just used the Meguiar's liquid the other day, and noticed this as well. After the getting a bunch in the passenger seat perforations, I made sure to rub it into the cloth really good before applying to the seat.

Any suggestions for getting it out of the holes? Or just wait for it to wear off onto my passenger's clothes? ;)

I used a paper clip that I opened up. Not ideal and a pain in the butt thougt it worked in removing the white residue.

Jedi - you using the wipes (sounds funny to ask that) or the bottle?

I used a paper clip that I opened up. Not ideal and a pain in the butt thougt it worked in removing the white residue.

Yeah, I thought about that or a toothpick, but was hoping there was an easier way!

Oh, I also tried the Armor-All Leather Wipes (they were on sale), and they left dark spots and streaks all over the place. In fact, I bought the Meguiar's stuff to get out the spots from the Armor-All wipes. Not sure if the Meguiar's wipes would work any better, but I definitely don't recommend the Armor-All ones.

They moved this thread and I lost it.

I might try this wolfgang stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002LBKOM/qid=1147222840/sr=1-28/ref=sr_1_28/103-4164975-4131043?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=automotive&v=glance&n=15684181

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002LBKPG/qid=1147222840/sr=1-32/ref=sr_1_32/103-4164975-4131043?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=automotive&v=glance&n=15684181

I will definate test whatever I use before commiting to it but I need to clean the back seat (damn dog). Thanks for the advice.

Don't we get a discount from DetailCity?

• 1 year later...

The Mr. Clean magic eraser works well on stubborn deposits. Otherwise I usually go with that Blue Magic leather cleaner. It's not expensive, and works as well as anything.

I've also used some stuff by Zymol that you leave on for a couple hours. First theres a cleaner you put on by a towel and remove. Then you use the oil which conditions the leather. You have to put it on by hand, nothing else spreads the oil as well. Then you leave your car in the sunlight with the windows up for most of the afternoon. It made the leather in a Jaguar I detailed look brand new.

I think leather cleaners and conditioners are a matter of preference, there are so many out there and they all work in a similar fashion. Use what you have, or what you can easily acquire. Stay away from a one step cleaner/conditioner though expect for spot detailing and little cleanups, cleaning and conditioning leather really is a two step process to do it right. All conditioners also need heat to activate the lotions, let the car sit in direct sunlight for atleast 15 minutes before applying any conditioner for the best results.

That said, I very much dislike the Meguairs it has a very dull appearance. The Lexol is cheap and readily available at any store. Zymol is a bit more than Lexol and just as available, it works pretty much the same as Lexol. Definitely not a product worthy of the Zymol name however. The Wolfgangs is great but expensive and not available in any store.

For cleaning tuff spots, if the magic eraser did not work. I 10:1 mixture of car soap and water and a good soft brush should do the trick. Make sure to dry it completely and put a conditioner on afterwards.

Archived