LegacyGT.com

Blown motor?

I haven't taken apart the engine yet so not sure what condition the engine is in. Previously my turbo blew so.... People been telling me my engine is most likely gone.

I wanted to know, it may be cheaper for me to buy a used engine and swap it in. And if I go that route, what engine could I swap in besides the stock ej257 motor with it being an exact bolt on with no modification? Also if anyone has an idea where I could get an engine, all the he'll is greatly appreciated!

Your car came with a ej255. A ej257 short block is what most of us do, new OEM can be had for around $1800 plus the $220 gasket set for your year car.

Have your heads rebuilt and use ARP head studs to bolt them on the block.

Read my click here link to see how to do it right, the first time. My thread is currently here, just updated it today.

You may also want to replace the oil cooler, your may hold some metal and release it over time.

Read the sticky's at the tops of the Forums some good links in those.

Oh send your turbo off the "JmP6889928" have him make sure it clean. He's easy to find on here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Have you drained the oil as you were advised in the other thread? You just might prove us wrong and get lucky-it's happened before. If you drain it and there are no flakes, you just might get by without having to put an engine in it. You'll have to do a 4 flush on it to make sure there is nothing inside, but drain the oil first before you resign yourself to changing the engine.

Have you drained the oil as you were advised in the other thread? You just might prove us wrong and get lucky-it's happened before. If you drain it and there are no flakes, you just might get by without having to put an engine in it. You'll have to do a 4 flush on it to make sure there is nothing inside, but drain the oil first before you resign yourself to changing the engine.

Btw what is a 4 flush I heard of them doing engine flush but I haven't heard that before...

Tell me what the oil drain looks like and if it looks promising, I'll explain it to you.

Shoots, I'll take pictures and I'll attain the oil through some cheese cloth or coffee filters. Since I'm losing oil from the turbo is it possible to also lost coolant?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L20rOAv5A2tOq5HiI9KvSn3UYP6tuzpC/view?usp=drivesdk

Sorry I tried to post the picture but it wouldn't work...

Does this hole in the banjo look to small? Or is it just me?

Have you tried this to load photo's here ?

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/load-pictures-and-files-sites-server-251315.html?t=251315

I had a hard time and asked SBT for help in a PM. Dale is very helpful.

Remember to sign out from the sign out link on the upper left side of the home page. in the user CP block

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Clogged banjo filter means there is crap circulating inside of the engine. I would still do a 4 flush after removing the banjo filters and after a new turbo is installed. Cheap insurance and will help get rid of remaining shrapnel, if there is any left.

Archived