LegacyGT.com

3D Printing Development Thread

Discojon, have you printed your cubby replacement yet? I'm curious to see what the final fitment looks like. I was playing around with your blank piece to see if I could work it as a tablet (more likely phone) mount as opposed to the traditional tablet mount using the jdm piece. Only bitch is I'd be held to a much smaller screen than the 7" tablets used now.

**Edit, I stopped being an idiot and saw the many posts you have showing printed parts...**

Edited by LGTTusch

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I cut up some old abs off a truck bed liner, and haven't the access to a coolkid 3d printer.... lol

I'm about $300 into my printer, they're getting pretty cheap.

I'm mostly going to use mine to prototype some car parts and to fix my RC stuff.

Glad to see the pod is working for people. I actually haven't printed the redesigned pod yet. That's the one posted to thingiverse, and had the 3mm pins to hold mounting tabs in. Glad to see it actually works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Printed the dash pod couple days ago and it looks great! The accessport ball is slightly to large but it still works great489e077df6957184874a27363f6995d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

How much to large is the ball? It's sized to .750" iirc. Did it take more than sanding to make it fit?

• 1 month later...
I wonder if anyone could model the inserts for the cup holder area?

I used one of the air freshoners that plug in to the vent, dremmeled it down to fit into the area the ball/swivel goes on the stock little holder that comes with the AP... A zip tie to snug it up in the vent- no fancy printing required!

Although, I'd definitely be printing if I had the means!!

Edited by oODanKNesSOo

I am seriously considering modeling up a honeycomb mesh that once a stock grill is cutout is a drop in piece... Don't know if it'll be worth it but I want to try it to say I did haha

Do it! I'd have to print it in at least 3 parts, probably more like 6 (2 high x 4 wide), but I'll totally try it out.

Edited by StkmltS

I am seriously considering modeling up a honeycomb mesh that once a stock grill is cutout is a drop in piece... Don't know if it'll be worth it but I want to try it to say I did haha

Sounds cool.. I'd want one..

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2353034

Designed an LED bulb adapter for wagon reverse lights. May work on the sedan as well, but I haven't looked to see if the mounting base is the same. This will let you use the CREE "20W" T15 led bulbs that look like aftermarket LED headlights. These actually run at ~10W each, but are a hell of a lot brighter than the stock bulbs.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2353034

Designed an LED bulb adapter for wagon reverse lights. May work on the sedan as well, but I haven't looked to see if the mounting base is the same. This will let you use the CREE "20W" T15 led bulbs that look like aftermarket LED headlights. These actually run at ~10W each, but are a hell of a lot brighter than the stock bulbs.

I've been kicking around the idea of making an adapter to stick my disused OPT7 LED's in my reverse lights, lol. They're questionably useful in the low beams, but they could be hilarious as reverse lights.

I've been kicking around the idea of making an adapter to stick my disused OPT7 LED's in my reverse lights, lol. They're questionably useful in the low beams, but they could be hilarious as reverse lights.

Hey, they make HID based reverse lights so why not? :lol:

These are basically the same thing as most aftermerket LED headlight bulbs. Absolutely useless for that application. But in a reverse light where the OEM bulb is only 18W and you only need to see 20ft they may just work!

On the reverse light bulb adapter above. Here is the final product:

IMG_1140.thumb.jpg.3e210814f44e8323af66bbca2a0aec37.jpg

Had to change a few things with it using epoxy and cutting, but the fixed version is up on thingiverse.

Here is it installed on the car, it's the passenger side bulb:

IMG_1148.thumb.jpg.12dc6134c498683dace2974fd85bf018.jpg

Subjectively it's brighter than the Philips 921 bulb in the driver side, and it's a slightly higher color temperature.

"20W" T15 bulb only

IMG_1154.thumb.jpg.8793ac736f71e4357f001f2d69636d4c.jpg

Philips bulb only

IMG_1152.thumb.jpg.1b4cffcc29f1039e2e0d7e744cdd01e7.jpg

I didn't take my light meter out and test, but it looks like the philips bulb is actually throwing the light further, while there is more of it to work with on the "20w" bulb. This seems to indicate that the bulb is too far in the housing.

Need to print an "adjustable" version and find out.

Edited by utc_pyro
Images were flipped

• 2 weeks later...
I printed out the triple gauge pod from thingverse and for whatever reason my 52mm gauge did not fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How close is it to fitting? I designed it to be a tight slip fit. You may need to sand the inside of the bores if your printer isn't calibrated. The solid models are there for you to modify if you need to.

I printed out the triple gauge pod from thingverse and for whatever reason my 52mm gauge did not fit

after my second gauge pod design change, i always have made mine too small. much easier to remove material than to add it back.

second pod had holes too large even though the model supplied was for 52mm.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

after my second gauge pod design change, i always have made mine too small. much easier to remove material than to add it back.

second pod had holes too large even though the model supplied was for 52mm.

Ok I will check it out I printed it in petg I had a little first layer issue but I will try again my wideband should be coming in Monday