LegacyGT.com

3D Printing Development Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
So, after a short hiatus to focus on other projects, I am back to the forum. The latest news I have is that this sat I am picking up my new (to me) Lathe and Mill. Both are manual control for now with the intention of converting to CNC some time in the future. Once they are up and running I will check back and see what else I can do for the community. Custom turned shift knobs, si drive knobs, and other items are now within my grasp. I would consider myself an amateur machinist on the manual machines but I hope to pick it up quickly. If you have ideas of parts you'd like to see just let me know.

00707_4vWLev3U15F_600x450.jpg.843cce20cae4ef790c62e64932bea13e.jpg

00q0q_jGSHmwgjrzP_600x450.jpg.288f342d8dcaa26b277fabb16f20976e.jpg

Edited by discojon

So, after a short hiatus to focus on other projects, I am back to the forum. The latest news I have is that this sat I am picking up my new (to me) Lathe and Mill. Both are manual control for now with the intention of converting to CNC some time in the future. Once they are up and running I will check back and see what else I can do for the community. Custom turned shift knobs, si drive knobs, and other items are now within my grasp. I would consider myself an amateur machinist on the manual machines but I hope to pick it up quickly. If you have ideas of parts you'd like to see just let me know.

glad you're back. We talked a while ago about a hood for the VBG and wondered if you're still able to do something like this.

Holy crap! Congrats man! Those are very nice machines!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

anyone feel like making/giving these a go that will work for the USDM rear bumper?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/anyone-know-get-thesei-rear-bumper-light-coversi-257979.html

rear1.thumb.jpg.9e19c3cd49637ccc1d54521a5ee494de.jpg

rear2.jpg.6d9556e0b40d445ce614b3c5f910d323.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

The next update to Windows is supposed to have a 3D scanning/printing app. I'm really curious as to whether it will be useful for scanning convex parts and then making models to fit inside.

Or if you can scan the cavity and import that into another app that can flip the faces around, shrink, trim. Voila, a plug is made. Then it's just simple CAD work to add fins or whatever.

OK, it won't be that easy, but you get the idea...

anyone feel like making/giving these a go that will work for the USDM rear bumper?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/anyone-know-get-thesei-rear-bumper-light-coversi-257979.html

There was something like this, but iirc nothing every came of it. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/would-interested-usdm-08-09-rear-bumper-ventsi-164272.html

Most of the goods are on page 14 it looks like.

• 1 month later...

I will gladly make these! if anyone is in the tampa area that has a LGT sedan that I can scan bring it over to 3D Musketeers in the Wiregrass Mall off of I75 in Wesley Chapel. I may be able to meet you but Scanning is difficult and I am not sure if it will work properly on the panel as scanning cars is extremely difficult. I own a Wagon and dont have these cutouts :( If you have the JDM part and/or can ship me an original to work with also that would be great. This is a full 3D printing shop founded, and funded, by my brother, myself, and a designer (80w laser cutter comes Thursday!!). We should be ability to 3D scan the area and mock up a piece, if not, we will do it by hand with calipers and paper like our forefathers (or if someone could do some measuring the way they want and just post it here and I can do some mocking up).

Additionally any other projects for LGT's yall want to see I have my car...erm wagon throw em my way! Able to design and print just about anything within an 11in cube in plastic. Also have a full color Z corp (now 3D Systems) 650 Pro if you so fancy high end finished pieces.

I will gladly make these! if anyone is in the tampa area that has a LGT sedan that I can scan bring it over to 3D Musketeers in the Wiregrass Mall off of I75 in Wesley Chapel. I may be able to meet you but Scanning is difficult and I am not sure if it will work properly on the panel as scanning cars is extremely difficult. I own a Wagon and dont have these cutouts :( If you have the JDM part and/or can ship me an original to work with also that would be great. This is a full 3D printing shop founded, and funded, by my brother, myself, and a designer (80w laser cutter comes Thursday!!). We should be ability to 3D scan the area and mock up a piece, if not, we will do it by hand with calipers and paper like our forefathers (or if someone could do some measuring the way they want and just post it here and I can do some mocking up).

Additionally any other projects for LGT's yall want to see I have my car...erm wagon throw em my way! Able to design and print just about anything within an 11in cube in plastic. Also have a full color Z corp (now 3D Systems) 650 Pro if you so fancy high end finished pieces.

Im in colorado but hope someone speaks up in your neighborhood to swing by for measurement. I would live to have a set on ny soec b and have thought about ordering the jdm ones but am not the best at fabrication.

If no one speaks up we can post your comment in the other thread that was specific to these covers.

Thanks

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone every made an info panel relocation piece? Looks something like this: http://www.avojdm.com/product_info.php?products_id=107 (would rather make one than spend ~$100)

I have access to a printer at my school but if someone had the files that would save me some time. If not, I'll probably be making one to go alongside my nexus 7 install (if I ever get my hands on a nav bezel).

Have you tried scanning any of your wagon? rear bumper, front bumper, front fenders, rear suspension pieces, etc?

Have you tried scanning any of your wagon? rear bumper, front bumper, front fenders, rear suspension pieces, etc?

Yes I have and with my scanner it isn't the easiest but it is possible. I have a scan of the hood scoop opening dip in and protrusion. The scanner (structure 3d scanner) does not enjoy shiny surfaces all that much. The old scanner that the shop had (Artec Eva) was significantly better but also ran like 40x the cost so we sold it as the structure was about 90% as good for what it was being used for and ran off of an ipad instead of a gaming computer.

Ok All. I've posted the Cubby gauge pod files to Thingiverse. It's not my original work, but haven't been able to get ahold of the creator for over a year. The files works as is but needs some cleanup after. I haven't the time to clean up the models.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2074838

Is this the full 2+ accessport mount pods? Cant tell from the pictures

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk