LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

Lol not quite. I had just moved up from the Appalachia of NC and two weeks later some guy wrecked my parked LGT with a U-Hual on S Broad trying to park in front of it. I was torn, if just replaced the clutch and turbo, catless up pipe, and had the engine flushed.

She was sitting on H&R springs and had a borla catback as well [emoji22] RIP Scoobs

Long story short, I was able to put it back into the parking spot, but the insurance from U-Hual wanted me to leave it till they could take pictures. It literally took them a month, in the process the PPA impounded the car, and auctioned it off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Jesus... that's one hell of a story :eek:

Oh sweet! I haven't found any Subaru friends here yet. The '11 LGT is a bit different than the 05, so I'll definitely have questions lol

Shoot me a PM. Probably can help you out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally pulled the trigger on a set of wheels tonight, the TSW Bathurst in gloss gunmetal and Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires. I got the wheels in 18"x8" 35 and tires in a 245/40/18. I'm excited to get these! I haven't treated myself to a set of new wheels/tires in many... many years. I decided to try to act closer to my age and get something that blended in better than copper or bronze.

Now the wait begins...:)

I did get the windows tinted today as well, but it was far too dirty to take a pic to prove it. I went with 35% in the rear and 50% in the front, which is the legal limit in WI. It looks great, but I think 30% all around would look better.

Lol not quite. I had just moved up from the Appalachia of NC and two weeks later some guy wrecked my parked LGT with a U-Hual on S Broad trying to park in front of it. I was torn, if just replaced the clutch and turbo, catless up pipe, and had the engine flushed.

She was sitting on H&R springs and had a borla catback as well [emoji22] RIP Scoobs

Long story short, I was able to put it back into the parking spot, but the insurance from U-Hual wanted me to leave it till they could take pictures. It literally took them a month, in the process the PPA impounded the car, and auctioned it off.

I hope they made you whole after all that crap!

I finally pulled the trigger on a set of wheels tonight, the TSW Bathurst in gloss gunmetal and Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires. I got the wheels in 18"x8" 35 and tires in a 245/40/18. I'm excited to get these! I haven't treated myself to a set of new wheels/tires in many... many years. I decided to try to act closer to my age and get something that blended in better than copper or bronze.

Now the wait begins...:).

18 lbs? Nice and light. I like their Chicane but it’s heavier by a few lbs. Looking fwd to pics.

18 lbs? Nice and light. I like their Chicane but it’s heavier by a few lbs. Looking fwd to pics.

Yeah, TSW has them listed as an even 18lbs for the 18"x8" that I got. Over 7lbs lighter than the stock wheels!

Bummer it's gonna take till the end of the month to get them here...:icon_cry:

Grimmspeed TMIC (made for 2015+ WRX). Got the coated version; GS advised the uncoated is out of stock and timing for resuming builds and shipping is uncertain but could be 4-6 weeks. Should be the last piece for the time being and then I can take a break for a while and just drive. Will add some fender washers to ensure clearance underneath.

I am operating based on review of posted experiences here that there are currently no good options (other than shroud-rubbing AVO) for an upgraded charge pipe, but I'd love to be corrected on that.

Still new to me regarding modding my 2011 LGT so:

Perrin Steering Dampener

Boomba Shifter Plate

Invidia N1 catback to replace my invidia Q300

Dasaita Android 9 10.2" radio

https://ibb.co/NtRzHkX

https://ibb.co/Ryfz6v2

https://ibb.co/gJ9kwL5

https://ibb.co/ySYxJ0x

https://ibb.co/y42NTb9

https://ibb.co/FqkRW3g

https://ibb.co/RH0srxJ

Edited by abakja1

Still new to me regarding modding my 2011 LGT so:

Perrin Steering Dampener

Boomba Shifter Plate

Invidia N1 catback to replace my invidia Q300

Dasaita Android 9 10.2" radio

You will love that shifter plate.

So what happened? Did the Uhaul guy or insurance make it right? Or were you screwed? Also who impounded it and auctioned it?

When you say you broke off the place the brass bushing goes to, do you mean the place you anchor the shift cable to on the lever? If so, then the shift lever is done - I would not trust JB weld in that location as a long term fix. When it snaps, it will leave you stuck unable to get into any gear, or stuck in whatever gear you were in.
Update....JB weld still holding. I'm amazingly astonished. This car is my daily and I commute 80km a day. Short term fix my end up a long term fix lol

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

You will appreciate having the new endlinks ready to go. I basically destroyed one of the original ones when swamping to a 20mm bar a few months ago and picked up a set of Moog endlinks at the parts store so I could drive it to work the next day.

You will appreciate having the new endlinks ready to go. I basically destroyed one of the original ones when swamping to a 20mm bar a few months ago and picked up a set of Moog endlinks at the parts store so I could drive it to work the next day.
I saw an old post of yours and decided to go that route to be safe lol

Thanks

That rsb upgrade is up there with the Perrin shifter bushings as far as bang for your buck upgrades go, you're gonna love it, really transforms how the car handles.
So far best bang for your buck goes to the clutch damper delete....many times I felt like I just learned to drive manual car with the stock setup...I'm stage 1 now and I'm pretty sure I would destroy my clutch if I still had that damper

A new or used 15+ WRX oem short shifter is much better than the legacy one. Add the Perrin bushing and Boomba shifter plate and you're good to go. Search ebay or forums fir newmor used ones cheap...

A new or used 15+ WRX oem short shifter is much better than the legacy one. Add the Perrin bushing and Boomba shifter plate and you're good to go. Search ebay or forums fir newmor used ones cheap...
I have the bushing and a knockoff shifter adapter. I really like what they added...not sure I would get much more from the WRX short shifter and they aren't cheap.

Maybe down the road I'll consider it. Seems like too much work to install as well.

We'll see. Thanks

So far best bang for your buck goes to the clutch damper delete....many times I felt like I just learned to drive manual car with the stock setup...I'm stage 1 now and I'm pretty sure I would destroy my clutch if I still had that damper

i keep meaning to do that...getting on time to change my clutch fluid, so might have to do that here soon...

I have the bushing and a knockoff shifter adapter. I really like what they added...not sure I would get much more from the WRX short shifter and they aren't cheap.

Maybe down the road I'll consider it. Seems like too much work to install as well.

We'll see. Thanks

You dont realize how sloppy the OEM shifter is until you get a better one. Just keep a saved search for one and wait for it pop up in your price range.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I knew from day 1 my factory shifter wasn't that great and that is why I replace within the 1st year with Legacy STS. When I replaced it, I realized how really crappy it was. (The stock transmission fluid sucks too)

I now have a '12 GT with Legacy STS, STI knob, short shift adapter, shift stops and bushing. My '11 GT has the original shifter and crappy fluid. The '11 shifter is such an stark contrast and a sloppy mess. If I keep this car for any period of time, I going to do something about the shifter because I am spoiled by my '12GT.

I have all the mods done with my shifter as well. It would be interesting to try a stock setup for comparison.

I do think the Perrin bushing and the WRX STS are the best parts. It's interesting, I remember the WRX STS being cheaper than the Legacy version on eBay.