LegacyGT.com

TMIC and Charge pipe options

I have seen a handful of TMIC options and I know RacerX makes a charge pipe.

Do we have any consolidated place for a list of all the confirmed fitments and any data on temperature drop and pressure drop?

If not I'd love to compile it all here in one post for reference.

I believe we need some serious updating to this topic as the intercoolers available for the 15+ WRX have blown up in terms of variety and availability.

https://www.maperformance.com/collections/2015-wrx-tmic-and-fmic

A brief scroll through here shows the following manufacturers make OEM type fitment TMICs.

TMICs:

MAP

TurboXS

GrimmSpeed

Mishimoto

Garrett

Process West Khanacooler

AVO Turboworld

Killer B Motorsport

Charge Pipes:

Cobb

Grommspeed

AEM

Racer-X

AVO

Perrin

PLM

Mishimoto

Nameless

Process West

My current theory is to try the AEM charge pipe and bend it to fit. Then worry about extending any silicone connections a little longer.

Back up to that would be the Grimmspeed with some custom silicone as the hard pipe sections and the turbo interface are both independent pieces that could easily work.

Edited by A_A_ron

For TMIC, it is whatever is made for the WRX. Fortunately they seem to be direct fitment, perhaps with just trimming our factory shroud. You will probably get the best information on temperature and pressure drops on NASOIC.

For charge pipe, Racer-X is discontinued. AVO is the only current one available, I don't know how available they are.

I made this post last fall when my stock one broke. I think going forward, we are going to be modifying and adapting WRX charge pipe to fit.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/charge-pipe-upgrades-280741.html?t=280741&highlight=

For TMIC, it is whatever is made for the WRX. Fortunately they seem to be direct fitment, perhaps with just trimming our factory shroud. You will probably get the best information on temperature and pressure drops on NASOIC.

For charge pipe, Racer-X is discontinued. AVO is the only current one available, I don't know how available they are.

I made this post last fall when my stock one broke. I think going forward, we are going to be modifying and adapting WRX charge pipe to fit.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/charge-pipe-upgrades-280741.html?t=280741&highlight=

I am not of fan of the AVO because it's all silicone. I also didn't like the Racer-X because of the bypass valve location and the extra long piping for it.

I have been considering the WRX charge pipe mod. Seems like only a small bit of custom work on the bottom connection and stock BPV location connection would be needed to make it work. Thanks for the link I'll read through that thread.

Subbed. Interested in a viable upgrade to oem charge pipe that fits well, even with some added work.

Same, there is another thread where some guys have been discussing their attempts and where things have come up short.

I just wanted a bigger list with TMICs included as they are usually upgraded together.

Also some of the other kits out there seem like they would be very easily converted with only one or two pieces of custom silicone.

Maybe just my thinking, but if someone could fab a oval shaped lower pipe rather than round that would give us more room around the fan shrouds for the charge pipe, not sure how easy it would be to "mass produce".

I would also like the stock bpv to be utilized rather than the flange style.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not sure about fitment but this looks interesting. Mostly aluminum but can be adjusted in a few key areas. f465e655e0b7255931493dba09df3858.jpg

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

72f0bd385cce90e060d93755c1054755.jpg

The thick silicone section that will squeeze in between the motor and radiator will be too thick and too short to reach the bov hose section.

It could be modded to fit by finding the right silicone diamater size and correct bends and length from the bov section to reach the hard intake pipe to reach the intercooler.

It will take some effort and time to source the hose though...

Not sure about fitment but this looks interesting. Mostly aluminum but can be adjusted in a few key areas. f465e655e0b7255931493dba09df3858.jpg

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

72f0bd385cce90e060d93755c1054755.jpg

Also the wrx uses electric power steering I believe so the bend in that area is also incorrect for our application.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk