LegacyGT.com

Kinugawa turbo coolant lines

I've seen that some people have used the Kinugawa turbo coolant lines instead of the OEM Subaru ones. I did a search and didn't see a lot of opinions on them. How do they fit and if you used them would you recommend them?

I'm in the middle of changing my timing belt and saw the OEM turbo coolant lines were in pretty bad shape.Badly rotted lines seems like its a common problem and wanted to see if there are any other options other than OEM.

Thanks,

I installed them last June when I had my engine out. They survived the winter with minimal rust. The fit isn't perfect- one side leans against the O2 sensor (might be because I have an aftermarket downpipe), the other rubs on the V shaped support bracket. I think long term durability is still my only concern, but I can't comment on that yet.

If you follow the advice on here of how to install them, I expect you'll get similar durability to the OEM hard lines. Only downside is that you have to shorten one of the rubber lines on the engine, so you'd have to replace that if you ever wanted to switch back.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know if both banjo bolts come out without removing the motor mount ? I tried to get it out but don’t have enough space to fit a socket and it’s too deep for a regular wrench ... I have to get a deep offset wrench

I had to tighten mine after the engine was in, and it was definitely a pain. I just used a regular wrench and went in from under the car. I think I managed to get a socket on the upper one somehow. I'd probably take the mount out if I had to do more than two turns or so.

I ran them for about a year. Similar experience in that they work, but don't resist corrosion to my expectation and fit is just adequate. I'll get a closer look at them coming up shortly and report back if anything has changed.

You can remove the banjo bolts by dropping turbo/manifolds (ie doing the timing belt).

I know that but I did not want to go through that... I think I’ll try it with a deep offset wrench.

Thanks guys !