LegacyGT.com

Power windows stopped working

I am having an issue with my '15 Legacy 2.5L AWD.

Owned it for a year and a half and love the car but the power windows quit working several months ago, was intermittent and then they quit altogether.

I have noticed that there are no red switch lights illuminated in the switch as well and I think this might be the key to why the switch does not work. Are there issues with the wiring from the door to the body having an open?

I have checked fuses inside and outside and all appear to be fine.

I have the Technical service bulletin 07-152-19 Dated 5/2/19 and I have replaced the master switch with a new one. It recommends to replace the passenger side switch as well but I have not purchased one yet.

Appreciate the opportunity to post a question here and thanks in advance for any and all ideas.

Edited by fastrat37

You could try the reset function? Maybe that may help remedy the issue.

Hold the button up and keep holding it up for a few seconds. Here is thread that talks about it and links to another thread....

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/front-automatic-windows-have-stopped-working-277354.html?t=277354&highlight=power+windows

I have tried the re-initialization procedure with no success.

The thing that bugs me about this problem is that I think there is no power getting to the main switch as the buttons do not illuminate like they used too, they were red in color.

I am hoping it's not a broken wire in the loom from the door to the body.

Thanks again for your input.

I have recently become aware that TSB 07-152-19R was issued this year to address several issues with the power window switches in all Gen 6 Legacys. New switches have been introduced, and the recommended fix involves replacing both driver's side and passenger's side switch assemblies. There will be no charge for Legacys still under the original 3 year/36,000 mile warranty or covered by a Subaru Added Security "extended warranty" plan.

TSB_07-152-19R_Power_Window_Switches_190712.pdf

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

fastrat37 Disregard previous... Didn't read your full symptoms.

Assuming fuses are all good, the intermittent nature (and disregarding TSB 07-152-19R at the moment) leads me to suspect a failed relay.

You may want to check on the Power Window Relay.

Window.thumb.jpg.6cd62c4f8a200a2f05f21a5dbbc0f937.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hate to necro an old thread, but having a similar issue.

Car is a 2015 2.5 with 120K on it.

Window has had the bounce issue before, sometimes even freezing in a position.

Tonight, the one touch went all the way down on the driver side, and STAYED down.

Rear windows work fine from the switch. Switch is powered and has red lights, and that changes with the window lock as it should.

Driver window is stuck down, switch is unresponsive entirely. Passenger side window will not respond at all, rear windows work fine up and down.

Removed switch, driver and passenger side switches have a separate connector, rear windows have their own.

Of course it happens during a quarantine where everything is shut down...at night.

Should I both replacing the switch? I know it has gotten fairly wet a few times from cracking the window in the snow/rain, but would hate to needlessly replace it.

Also, anyone have any info on the updated P/N from the -B to the -C? What changed?