LegacyGT.com

Front Plate Hole Filling

Vaders_3.0R

So I ordered a front plate bracket that I am going to mount on my lower grill to move my plate off to the tow hook side. (Not spending $80 for a Grimmspeed). Question is what do the auto body folks recommend filling the holes with? I am thinking just bondo and I have some OEM paint I can paint over it with. It doesn't need to be 100% but look clean and done well at the least. I will post a small DIY later this week once my bracket shows up.

For my Saturn years ago I just used flat plastic plugs I picked up at Home Depot, put a little of the OEM chip paint on them and it was good to go. Clean enough that I didn't really notice it and matched well enough that it actually looked good.

I have already had some rough times fixing some scuff on the back door handle. I ended up having to rub the paint in to blend it and then multiple sanding and touch up sessions. I think the plugs and some paint will do just fine. Who's gonna be up that close anyways right?

Thanks all for the suggestions! I'll make sure to post up some pics when I get it all done.

Beware of sanding and painting if your paint is a metallic color. You're going to have a hell of a time blending. I'd personally go with bumper plugs of the same color and call it a day.

Plastic plugs are what I used on mine. I went to Lowe's and picked up different types of plugs. At home, I tried them on to see which ones fit and look the best and returned the rest. I also sanded the surface of the plugs to roughen up the surface a bit so that the paint sticks better. It's been 3 years, and the plugs and paint still holding up fine. Some people went the extra mile and put some clear coat on them.

Archived