LegacyGT.com

PERRIN guage pod - Who has one?

Hey folks,

I'm looking into getting a dual gauge POD and considering the Perrin one that bolts to the steering column.

My concerns are it might be a little overwhelming and hide some of the cluster?

I'd appreciate feedback from those who have one (or had one in the past) and if possible a picture of the set up, please.

Thanks !!

Alternatively, the Block8head vent pods are pretty awesome. Brings the gauges up higher for easier viewing.

42967424324_160c98a29e_h.jpg

Thanks,

I came across this in some searches and definitely in my top 3! Does it hold the gauges well enough/strongly?

My dilemma is that I ordered an Innovate Wideband which you can datalog with....I'm guessing I'll need access to the back in order to connect to the gauge and doesn't seem like these POD have an open back?

Once I have the gauge I'll have a better idea how everything works, perhaps I'd be able to route a cable inside the vent and have it come out somewhere under the dash ?

Thanks,

I came across this in some searches and definitely in my top 3! Does it hold the gauges well enough/strongly?

My dilemma is that I ordered an Innovate Wideband which you can datalog with....I'm guessing I'll need access to the back in order to connect to the gauge and doesn't seem like these POD have an open back?

Once I have the gauge I'll have a better idea how everything works, perhaps I'd be able to route a cable inside the vent and have it come out somewhere under the dash ?

I have this same one, the gauges fit super snug in there. It came with double-sided tape as well to hold it in but there's no need, I just pushed my gauge in and its not going anywhere but easy enough to pull back out. The back is closed so you would have to route through the vent if you wanted something like that.

Heaps of room for plug routing unless it’s a crazy deep gauge. Way tidier having a permanently installed cable hidden away under the dash for when you need it

Zero chance of it ever coming loose. Looks to be molded to an OEM vent louvre so fitment to the dash is spot on.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Archived