LegacyGT.com

When will you sell your car?

I'm at 73k miles (rounded). The car runs great @ Stage 2, but I'm at that threshold. Sell now, or keep it until it dies. Just wondering what other peoples thoughts are... not just for my car, but your car as well.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Stage II LGT.B ('08) at about 19K miles. It serves me well as a daily driver and as a carpool vehicle between local/regional corporate locations (I had a Honda S2000 and bought this Subaru for its back seat, along with the go-fast goodies).

I'll change to something else when my needs change or when something significantly better comes along. I expect that the former will happen before the latter. And either will no doubt occur well before the car dies. This thing -- despite my awful experience with the turbo-oil-line recall -- is solid. HPH

For the small but dedicated group of 05 5MT LGT wagon owners, there really is no comparable alternative on the market. I'm planning on keeping mine until I kill it or it dies of natural causes. 80k miles right now. *crosses fingers*

I have 2 wagons both Stage 2 My 05 with 120,000 mi but 5 k on the new engine And my 06 with 45k I plan on keeping them and replacing parts as needed. As others have stated there really isn't a good alternative especially for the wagon ......Although I do like 2011 STi sedan !!!!

I made the mistake of trading in my 97 LGT a few years ago. Even though it was NA, i missed it sorely, even a WRX wagon could'nt make up for my loss. Even at 100 k my current LGT runs awesome and will be around for quite a while. No way I'm selling this baby.

Sometimes I miss the smooth ride stock offered, but I guess that's the trade off when you go Stage 2 with the car lowered. My acceleration is borderline crazy. People must think I'm speeding, no I'm going the speed limit, my car just gets there 10x faster.

The one thing I HATE about this car though is the radio tied in with AC controls. But no MP3 option in a 05 car is just as bad.

I am a 05 LGT 5mt wagon owner /95k miles that is beyond happy with the car. It does not seem like anything else like is out there now for a reasonable price and upkeep costs.

We have been saving for replacement likely in another 4 years.

The one thing I HATE about this car though is the radio tied in with AC controls. But no MP3 option in a 05 car is just as bad.

You could get a Jazzy aux-in. Its a short term fix for now. But you could swap a jdm center consol in there and get an after market deck. And I dont think Im ever going to sell my outback xt 5mt. Its a fun little car. Of course I wouldve prefered the legacy gt wagon 5mt but I couldnt find any at all

I don't think I'll be replacing my OBXT with anything anytime soon. I'll probably drive it until it dies, and just replace things as they go.

When it does finally kick the bucket, I might try to buy my father-in-law's 2011 Audi Q7 TDI if he'll part with it. His first tank of in-city driving nets 27.8mpg, of which I am infinitely jealous.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

For the small but dedicated group of 05 5MT LGT wagon owners, there really is no comparable alternative on the market. I'm planning on keeping mine until I kill it or it dies of natural causes.

Same deal for me.

But my 05 GT wagon just reached 20,000 miles so I have away to go yet.;)

:eek::eek::eek: Do you just wipe it with a diaper in your garage every 3 months? :p

:lol::lol:,,no,but it is somewhat babied :p

Seriously, I'm semi retired now and when I was working I only had a 4 mile drive ,back and forth.

I'm in an '08 with 66,6xx on her. She won't be paid off for a couple more years. I hope to have the restraint to keep it past then. This is the first new car I've bought that I truly wanted (didn't compromise on cost/insurance to purchase) so I don't see any reason or want to get rid of it in the forseeable future. If I have any engine problems I'll probably take that as a sign to mod ;)

Besides my fiance drives a Hyundai and she is now a Suby junkie and will get a Suby when her's dies, I told her she gets to pick the color and tranny (probably Auto :/ ), I get the pick the engine and mods :D Most likely we'll be getting an Outback H6 (need towing capability)

You could get a Jazzy aux-in. Its a short term fix for now. But you could swap a jdm center consol in there and get an after market deck. And I dont think Im ever going to sell my outback xt 5mt. Its a fun little car. Of course I wouldve prefered the legacy gt wagon 5mt but I couldnt find any at all

Get a head unit from a 2007-2009. Either the manual ac controls or the automatic, whatever you have now. I put a 2007 head unit in my 2005 OB. Plays mp3 discs and the factory 2008 forester/impreza aux in kit plugs right in.

Same deal for me.

But my 05 GT wagon just reached 20,000 miles so I have away to go yet.;)

Mine just hit 40K. Having multiple cars and no commute really cuts down on the mileage.

My 05 Stage II wagon does everything I need, I don't see any reason to sell it until it rusts out.

Archived