LegacyGT.com

Pre tune smoke test

So I recently solved all of my vacuum leaks. Or so

I thought. I decided to do a smoke test before I get tuned. Couldn’t figure out where the smoke was coming from. Check all my hoses and finally realized it wasn’t from a hose. What is this sensor or whatever behind my intake manifold because that’s where it’s leaking 3d116fe27b70ede5a70914194300b990.jpga5d63a7475b077980653d18f4324f18d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a stock turbo inlet that is a "monitor" of sorts for flow from PCV back into the intake. When someone goes with an aftermarket inlet, that white part is removed from the flow and just stashed somewhere. In stock form, it would be a leak. I think there is a rubber o-ring on the end of it that might be the source. If not, then it might be the nipple on the inlet that's worn out. You would probably need to pull it off the inlet to know why exactly its leaking.

If you have a stock turbo inlet that is a "monitor" of sorts for flow from PCV back into the intake. When someone goes with an aftermarket inlet, that white part is removed from the flow and just stashed somewhere. In stock form, it would be a leak. I think there is a rubber o-ring on the end of it that might be the source. If not, then it might be the nipple on the inlet that's worn out. You would probably need to pull it off the inlet to know why exactly its leaking.

I have an aftermarket inlet. I connected everything as it was w the stock one. So I just tried to pressure test the system and it will only build with the oil cap on. With it off nothing. Is t the pcv supposed stop air from going in?

After looking at a few pictures and reading posts from some other forums I see what you are saying. I can eliminate where it is leaking by connecting the hose directly instead of going thru the white tube. Then connect the jumper to the plug.

I also answered my own question of why I can’t build pressure. It’s because I didn’t plug off vacuum lines. So I have been testing the wrong way this whole time. Luckily I never went above 7 lbs and engine still runs like a top. Tomorrow I will pull out that pcv bs waste of plastic. That should be my final leak