LegacyGT.com

Best budget brake upgrades?

I believe its a slightly larger bore than the LGT unit (15/16th vs 1 1/16th?), but most folks report the main benefit to be much stiffer pedal feel and no "parachute" effect in the engagement. I have one sitting in my garage that I picked up for cheap but haven't installed it yet

Put it on except for the hoses. I need a proper wrench or two to tackle those. Plus noticed I missed one on the order. Should be six hoses, doh.

Dragging a friend over for bleed and bed session in the morning. Nice it looks like the inner shrouds needed no trimming and perfect.

Will report back impression.

• 1 year later...
Just received most of my order. These GT rotors and calipers are massive in comparison to the OBXT setup. Nice to see the rears are vented as well AGAIN massive by comparison.

Bringing this one back.....@kzr750r1

Were the GT rotors a drop-in upgrade? I am looking for the easiest brake upgrade for towing. I used to tow one big bike(700+ lbs) on my Kendon 3 bike trailer with careful brake planning but now I am going to be towing two big bikes. Flats are no problem but inclines and declines are going to be a challenge.

Bringing this one back.....@kzr750r1

Were the GT rotors a drop-in upgrade? I am looking for the easiest brake upgrade for towing. I used to tow one big bike(700+ lbs) on my Kendon 3 bike trailer with careful brake planning but now I am going to be towing two big bikes. Flats are no problem but inclines and declines are going to be a challenge.

There was a challenge replacing the hoses, I needed a hardline replaced as well in the rear for the passenger side. I have a spare cross over to the rear drivers side now. :/

Other than that yeah. Plug and play.

There was a challenge replacing the hoses, I needed a hardline replaced as well in the rear for the passenger side. I have a spare cross over to the rear drivers side now. :/

Thank you. Good to know about the hoses. I may need to have spares available to avoid downtime.

Just looked up the hoses, I am going to need the Legacy hoses or the stock OBXT hoses? Parts diagrams showed they are different.

*Edit: Nevermind, LGT hoses are too short. Any recommendations for SS brake lines source?

Edited by Scoobiidoo

Goodridge or Techna Fit seem to produce the more favored SS brake lines. I own a set of Outback-specific Techna Fits that will be going on in conjunction with LGT Centric blank rotors, ATE Type200. I am still undecided on my pads. I will either be scooping up some Carbotech XP8s or something from the EBC product line (probably Yellowstuff).

If anyone has any experience with EBC pads, good or bad, I'm all ears!

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Goodridge or Techna Fit seem to produce the more favored SS brake lines. I own a set of Outback-specific Techna Fits that will be going on in conjunction with LGT Centric blank rotors, ATE Type200. I am still undecided on my pads. I will either be scooping up some Carbotech XP8s or something from the EBC product line (probably Yellowstuff).

If anyone has any experience with EBC pads, good or bad, I'm all ears!

I would be very interested to see how the Techna Fit lines work out for you installation wise. Thanks

I'll definitely be posting about it in the "What did you do to your Outback today? V3" once it's all said in done.

I can already tell you I'm going to like it. My pads are OEM and over halfway through their life. My fluid has at least 25K+ miles on it. So refreshing my brakes to better quality than they ever were from factory, I will like to say the least. And I didn't break the bank to do so. It's a win!

MILKRUN  - Click Here

• 1 year later...
I'll save that P/N. Still need to figure out if any lines need to be changed or will existing mate to new calipers no problem.

I performed the swap that you're looking to do. LGT Calipers, LGT rotors, LGT pads, and Outback lines. You will need Outback-specific lines, as the Legacy lines are too short.

Pictured below:

- LGT Calipers

- Centric rotors (blanks)

- Project MU pads

- HardBrake Ti shims

- Mach V/Technafit SS braided lines

picture.php?albumid=2866&pictureid=13047

Pictured below:

- LGT brake swap under 18x8s wrapped in 235/40's

picture.php?albumid=2866&pictureid=13051

I hope this helps!

• Like 1

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I performed the swap that you're looking to do. LGT Calipers, LGT rotors, LGT pads, and Outback lines. You will need Outback-specific lines, as the Legacy lines are too short.

Pictured below:

- LGT Calipers

- Centric rotors (blanks)

- Project MU pads

- HardBrake Ti shims

- Mach V/Technafit SS braided lines

picture.php?albumid=2866&pictureid=13047

Pictured below:

- LGT brake swap under 18x8s wrapped in 235/40's

picture.php?albumid=2866&pictureid=13051

I hope this helps!

Very helpful thank you.

I’ll get the lines from Mach V. One of the techs is a longtime friend who handles all my maintenance and aftermarket work I don’t do. He’ll be doing the clutch and oil pan replacement on my OBXT while up do the brake upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 1 year later...