LegacyGT.com

Have a bent wheel. Where can get a Subaru 17" Replacement

I have been a problem with shimy after wheel balancing for a year now. Last shop found that I have one bent wheel. I have a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium but upgraded to Subaru Limited Wheels 17 inch. Purchased them via this forum from another member 4 years ago.

Any ideas as to where to go to buy one new wheel cheaper than via Subaru?

2010 Subaru Legacy 17" Wheel

Found this one. It might seem like overkill but I would have it RoadForce balanced on all 4 wheels after the new one is mounted. I had a bad shake and took my car to Conrads, they said one wheel took a lot of weight to balance and did their best to balance but still shook. Had winter tires mounted up at a different tire shop and it was even worse. Finally went to the dealership for a RoadForce and it was fine. 6k miles of smooth ride.

Summer came, went back to that tire shop again (like an idiot) and had all 4 A/S tires remounted. Shake was back. Again back to the dealer and then it's been fine. I get a small shake when its below 50 out. I'm pretty sure it's the stock A/S tires which I'm replacing in the spring. As soon as it warms up I don't feel anything.

Archived