LegacyGT.com

Won't run with MAP sensor plugged in?

TL/DR: Stage 2 LGT after 2 months of being tuned won't run with the MAP sensor plugged in, but will run with it unplugged. BUT it isn't a faulty sensor as the dealer replaced the MAP, MAF, A/F sensor...suggestions???

I have a 2005 LGT with a stage 2 tune from EFI logics and a catless up, catted dp, and catback exhaust. I had the car tuned for about two months and then this happened:

I was accelerating on to the highway and at about 70 my 05 LGT felt like the fuel was cut off. It started dropping revs and giving it more gas wasn't doing anything but making it bog down. Pulled over, revs were bouncing between 1k and nothing, after about 20 seconds it stalled out. It would crank and start but do the same rev bouncing for about 15 seconds or until I gave it gas. Opened hood, cat in the DP was glowing orange and it smelled of gas under the hood.

Took it to the dealership, long story short they tried replacing the air fuel sensor, MAP sensor, MAF sensor, took a look at the turbo, replaced gaskets before and after the turbo...and it still isn't running correctly. It is drivable with the MAP sensor unplugged but as soon as I plug it in the car stalls out. The dealer is completely out of ideas:spin:

Help?

Also, I was able to drive the car from the dealer to my house (about 8 miles) with the sensor unplugged. Does driving like that cause any trouble/damage if I stay out of boost?

Thanks

you have a big leak somewhere, do a boost leak test, now. don't drive the car without the map plugged in, the ecu has no idea what manifold pressure is therefore can't equate fuel appropriately thus causing a potential lean and knocking condition.

Archived