LegacyGT.com

Rear wheel "air deflector"?

Would anyone with access to a parts catalog be able to

look up a few parts for me?

I am trying to order the small air deflector at the lower

front of the passenger side rear wheel opening of my '05LGT,

along with the plastic "pop-it's" that secure it.

It did not survive our New England winter and my dealership

parts guy isn't having any luck in looking it up.

I looked through quite a few parts websites without any luck, but it seems that I was not looking in the right category, as I seem to have found it on this site in Rocker Panel Trim pieces.

I believe that the part that I need is marked #9. Thanks for pointing me to this site.

I quess that I will have to take apart the drivers side to determine which fasteners that I need, as

it is not clear in this view.

1779592535_RockerPanelTrimpcs.gif.39d69816b81610cc7282413095cfceaa.gif

Ahh that part. I lost one too. Then I had to take the other side off to match. I'm not putting mine back in. I'd have a feeling I'd rip them back out again.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Why worry about it. I think I lost one or both years ago. Who cares.

Oh may be that's why my car uses oil, and has tranny issues. Worry about the important things.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

aerodynamics, my friend. and i'm not worried, but they're there for a reason... why add such a tiny, seemingly inconsequential part?

I lost mine within 6 months of buying my 05 new. When I found out the part cost $50 at the dealer I told them they could have it.

I can't imagine it has $50 of aero value. :lol:

• 1 year later...
I took mine off about 15k miles ago and have noticed a lot of paint chipping on the rear areas of both side skirts (above & behind where this aero peices used to attach). Has anyone else noticed this as more of a problem after removing the deflectors or is the chipping a common issue regardless? Would it be safe to assume that more rocks and crap are going to get sucked against the side of the vehicle with these removed?

I took mine off about 15k miles ago and have noticed a lot of paint chipping on the rear areas of both side skirts (above & behind where this aero peices used to attach). Has anyone else noticed this as more of a problem after removing the deflectors or is the chipping a common issue regardless? Would it be safe to assume that more rocks and crap are going to get sucked against the side of the vehicle with these removed?

That seems unlikely even if you factor in the buffeting from the non-deflected air. I have a lot of chipping in that location even with the factory (dealer option) splash guards. Most of that chipping comes from debris thrown by the front tires and the slightly outward protrusion of the rocker panel right before the rear tire.

My 2 cents.

Also, somehow mine have stayed on for almost two years with only one pop-it each. :)

I actually just picked one up from the parts department at my Subaru dealership a couple weeks ago. They had it in stock, so that tells me it is a common part to replace. It did cost around $40 and they threw in some pop-its. Didn't take too long to put on, had to remove part of the rocker panel to get the old one out that was broken. If you need part numbers let me know and I can try to help you.

Archived