LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

Thanks for posting though, gives me an idea on what it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need the beam, with washer hose preinstalled, the pump, o-ring, pump bracket, and washer fluid tank.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/FC085A4F-8CD8-495F-822F-A9FADC63B54D.jpg

I still need to get a USDM scoop and some minor under hood hardware.

I didnt know they did an s402 outback!

They did not. He has a genuine S402 grill though

sarcasm was lost in writing it seems! Im not a fan of putting other model badges on cars. Each to their own

Where do you guys source the headlights from?

So I have talked to 2 people that run the HID units, unfortunately looks like it's not as simple as flipping shields. I won't be messing with them, the cutoff on them is not bad so they don't require flipping. I was told i can't flip them unless I retrofit them.

you will be potentially blinding oncoming traffic, hopefully who dont get in any trouble with the local law men or cause any crashes :)

ebay Germany is a good source to look for these headlights. Also the leveling maybe be an issue. If your car doesn't have the automatic leveling sensors or manual leveling it will be a pain to setup right

you will be potentially blinding oncoming traffic, hopefully who dont get in any trouble with the local law men or cause any crashes :)

ebay Germany is a good source to look for these headlights. Also the leveling maybe be an issue. If your car doesn't have the automatic leveling sensors or manual leveling it will be a pain to setup right

The cutoff on JDM HID lights is different than their halogen counterparts.

Again this is based on what I have been told.

outback by day.... s402 by night :cool:

I have 2 other JDM OEM grilles that are currently buried deep in my storage locker (since I'm in the middle of moving). One black Outback grille and one silver plastic mesh grille. So I actually have three "personalities".

Mind taking some dimensions of the honeycomb? Wall width, and distances between parallel/opposite faces?

I can when mine arrives. I think I know what you're going to do. especially if youve got black PLA and a 3D printer

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

I can when mine arrives. I think I know what you're going to do. especially if youve got black PLA and a 3D printer

I'm going back and forth with designing and printing, or casting a bunch of thick wax sections, melting them together, blending to fit car, then lost wax casting it with lightweight "plastic". Like feather lite. Then smoothing/panting.

Second i think will be faster.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

I'm going back and forth with designing and printing, or casting a bunch of thick wax sections, melting them together, blending to fit car, then lost wax casting it with lightweight "plastic". Like feather lite. Then smoothing/panting.

Second i think will be faster.

If you come up with something repeatable, I may be interested in buying.

If you need 08-09 OBXT grilles to mod, I have 2 of them available now.

Mind taking some dimensions of the honeycomb? Wall width, and distances between parallel/opposite faces?

Did you mean on the S402 grille?

The silver mesh one is this one (pic from Sobanoodle):

15352023893_898576a2ab_o.jpg

And the black JDM Outback one:

http://resource.buyee.jp/yahoo/auction/f7/dc/2c/2cdcf7

Edited by WRX USA

The cutoff on JDM HID lights is different than their halogen counterparts.

Again this is based on what I have been told.

It would still be stepped wrong if they drive on the left hand side of the road as it would arc up towards the left (shoulder) of the road which in the US would blind an oncoming driver.

Even if you don't have a retro headlight setup you should always align them properly yourself just so you don't cause safety issues for oncoming cars. If you choose not to do custom shields and leave it in a non-us spec then you will need to aim them lower to accommodate for the arc.