LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

This is as good a place as any for this question.

So I have 2 JDM dual zone climate controls for the double din conversion but they have different part numbers. They look exactly the same....

Anyone have a guess at the difference? Google only returns results for one of the part numbers.

15572664884971048468961.thumb.jpg.b886f82c25f015156669bf128d9e6517.jpg

15572666406272076106021.thumb.jpg.38708aa0bdc9bf0ca6ec15a5b70a505f.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Identical in every way minus the label.

0ef46fc324dc1ea5e23a68228f5d3219.jpg

They sure look identical. Did u plug them in to see if the HVAC displays differ in some way or another? Just a thought

Unfortunately it usually doesn't. The single zone isn't usable for anyone in the US so they tend to go dirt cheap since no one wants them. I'd honestly be surprised if you sold it to someone in the US.

Yes Pre- and Post, but I believe the single zones were only available on 2.5i or non-turbo model legacys in the USDM market, where as everywhere else they had a few more options available to them.

Unfortunately it usually doesn't. The single zone isn't usable for anyone in the US so they tend to go dirt cheap since no one wants them. I'd honestly be surprised if you sold it to someone in the US.

So the above is incorrect? I've never been in a pre-facelift or a 2.5i.

So the above is incorrect? I've never been in a pre-facelift or a 2.5i.

The USDM won’t be able to use the jdm single zone. Japan really this go crazy with those faceplates. There’s 3 different ones.

Will it work in place of the single zone dials? Like as a bit of an upgrade?

I've only seen the dual zone from the GT or the single zone with dials. Is there a third variant in the US?

You mean the manual HVAC?

You mean the manual HVAC?

Yes, the manual HVAC with the dials.

Looks like the 2.5i and 2.5i SE had single zone manual controls and the 2.5i Limited or GT has the dual zone. At least in the USDM.

Requires a full HVAC conversion, which isn't worth it when you could just buy a dual zone HVAC controller. At that point, the only value is to someone overseas or the faceplate to someone in the US, but the faceplate itself goes for ~$40 new from Partsouq.

A bit more on topic:

wp1DnSm.jpg

It finally showed up! My JDM Outback rear bumper in OBP. Now I can get rid of these turndowns and run the mufflers I want. The collection of JDM parts waiting to be installed is growing faster than the parts currently on the car. It's going to be even worse when I finally order the JDM facelift Outback front end I'm telling myself I don't need.

Oh, and side note, I finally got my car running after 6? months of being down. Runs like a top. Still probably going to set money aside for an EJ20Y when this EJ255 blows again.

Edited by Somac

That sounds awesome!

I started cleaning the Legacy after 2 years of it sitting :spin:

Ordered another set of JDM Rev D-F Headlights. Need to buy Rotors and Brake pads but hopefully it will be drivable by July.

The washer lights I initially had, still have them but they’re open, ended up being trash. They were letting moisture in and when I opened them up I found out why they were sold. :(

Keeping the parts in case I need replacements but ordered none washer units.

The washer headlights are going to be a necessity for me. It's just one of those smell extra flexes you'll have on top of the guys that do normal JDM conversions. Plus it seems like most Outbacks came with the washer headlights compared to Legacies.

I'm tired of waiting for OBP facelift parts to pop up and importers don't seem to be able to find any! I just wish these UK eBay people would get back to me. So far none have even responded.

The washer headlights are going to be a necessity for me. It's just one of those smell extra flexes you'll have on top of the guys that do normal JDM conversions. Plus it seems like most Outbacks came with the washer headlights compared to Legacies.

I'm tired of waiting for OBP facelift parts to pop up and importers don't seem to be able to find any! I just wish these UK eBay people would get back to me. So far none have even responded.

If I get washer lights again, I’m going to order one of those eBay clips.

They’re popping up more frequently now.