LegacyGT.com

Touchscreen Interface Questions

Picked up my Limited XT Friday (after 6 months of waiting). Very happy with the car. Lots of learning to do. Hopefully some of you may be able to answer:

Heated Seats: My old 5th gen had mechanical buttons for the heaters which was great for auto start in the winter. Now they are controlled on the touchscreen. Has anybody came across a setting that allows me to auto turn on the heated seats when the car starts or when the auto start activates?

XM Radio Presets: I have a bunch of radio preset channels set up. I go to the screen and select a preset channel. Then the screen of preset channels disappears and I get the screen that allows you to pause, rewind or fast forward the song. There is no longer any button that allows me to go back to the screen with all the preset channels. I have only found that pressing the fast forward button gets me back to the preset channel selection screen along with the song skipping ahead a few seconds. Any other way to get back to the preset screen?

Picked up my Limited XT Friday (after 6 months of waiting). Very happy with the car. Lots of learning to do. Hopefully some of you may be able to answer:

Heated Seats: My old 5th gen had mechanical buttons for the heaters which was great for auto start in the winter. Now they are controlled on the touchscreen. Has anybody came across a setting that allows me to auto turn on the heated seats when the car starts or when the auto start activates?

XM Radio Presets: I have a bunch of radio preset channels set up. I go to the screen and select a preset channel. Then the screen of preset channels disappears and I get the screen that allows you to pause, rewind or fast forward the song. There is no longer any button that allows me to go back to the screen with all the preset channels. I have only found that pressing the fast forward button gets me back to the preset channel selection screen along with the song skipping ahead a few seconds. Any other way to get back to the preset screen?

Here is the doc that talks about it.

autostart.pdf

You’ll find that the MySubaru app will give you such remote controls along with general information about your car. One thing to be aware of, I discovered this while sitting in my Limited XT going through the settings on the head unit. I had accidentally pushed the steering wheel heater control. After a while I started wondering why it was getting so hot in the car. It was a mild day and I had the windows rolled up. When I placed my hands on the wheel I thought damn that’s hot. It was heating the whole car. In the winter this will be very toasty!