LegacyGT.com

Rear Sus. Components - Which Require Alignment

theflystyle

I am in the about to hack out the rear frozen toe bolts, install new lateral links and then get an alignment. I plan on eventually installing new bushings in the other rear suspension components but wanted to know if I could do those without requiring another alignment. Specifically referring to the other two lateral links and the rear trailing arm.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing this on my LGT here soon as well. My thoughts on this are to get a toe measurement before the toe adjuster replacement and then try to match that measurement after the replacement. I'm thinking a long straight piece of wood that sits against the outside face of the tire. I could make a mark on the floor then use the same piece of wood and mark to compare. Honestly it will probably only get your within the ball park but maybe you could come up with a better measurement technique the will be more accurate.

P.S. if you have a Firestone nearby you can get their lifetime alignment and then never have to worry about this!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My thought is as long as there is no adjustment with the bolts (eccentric) no alignment should be required. I will replace the other rear lateral links at my own pace in the warmer weather without getting an alignment after.

Just completed the frozen rear toe bolt removal. What a PITA. A word to the wise and I am glad I did, order replacement parts for everything. I had the arm with the new bushings, bolts, washers, etc. The non-adjustable bolt connecting to the rear knuckle was spinning in place and the bushing had to be pressed out while on the car. Ugh.

Car is aligned now and my brand new winter wheels are on.

Depending on how worn your bushings are, it is completely possible that even a non adjustable replacement will affect toe. Sometimes you can ask the shop who did your alignment before if you can get just a quick measurement after your alignment just to double check (after you installed everything) and you can compare but sometimes you can’t.

Depending on how worn your bushings are, it is completely possible that even a non adjustable replacement will affect toe. Sometimes you can ask the shop who did your alignment before if you can get just a quick measurement after your alignment just to double check (after you installed everything) and you can compare but sometimes you can’t.

Very good point. Something to consider.

At my current progression it will be about time for another alignment by the time I get to this other work.