LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Yup because the PCV is the only thing keeping 18psi of boost out of your crankcase.

If I had kept the car, I'd have found an inline PCV or check valve of some kind and put it in the boost/vacuum line leading to the PCV as a redundancy.

I wrote a post at one point about changing it because it was causing a small boost leak.

Nothing about my car, but we took my wife's car to the dealer this morning. The push button start stopped working even with a new battery in the fob, and the Eyesight shut off. The tech could not get the car started either. In researching it over the weekend, it looks to be the brake switch. They gave her an '18 Outback loaner.

It was bound to happen eventually...got a speeding ticket this morning. I was just cruising too...68 in a 45. Gotta save some money up now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

heh, I got my 1st ticket in the GT earlier this year. 80 in a 65. Did defensive driving

I was like 10 minutes off the freeway, and just wasn't paying attention to my speed. It was a 6 lane divided Hwy too. Kind of a low speed limit IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Edited by FLlegacy

I notice I have not put any air in that one wheel since I replace the tire back on the 15th of March. Still stump me on what caused that air leak since the day I bought the vehicle. I pretty much replace everything.

I got a hold of my body man/painter yesterday and hopefully we are meeting up this afternoon to give me a quote to re-paint the rear bumper on the Legacy due to rear ended. Thank god he lives about 5min down the road from my home.

My insurance already went after the girls insurance. Her insurance is paying one hefty price for a very minor hit that i think its about $400 to re-paint the rear bumper. Her insurance still has to pay my wife medical bills/Emergency including ambulance due to pregnancy, tow truck, tow yard storage for (2) days and rental on top because she was texting when she rear ended the Legacy at a traffic light :lol:

Edited by amusa

PSA:

If you buy you wife an anniversary gift on walmart.com, make sure her email is not the only one setup in the account.

The more you know....

Return it, so it shows on the acct, and get her something else like a crockpot. THEN order the original present on your own acct:lol:

Listen to us dudes help each other out hiding stuff from our wives. So funny!

Funny thing is I had it shipped to my work, and I put in the billing address as work instead of our home by mistake. So Walmart cancelled the order. I had to re-order it yesterday.

My wife is really looking forward to her Apple Watch. :lol:

agree on the F crossovers sentiment...this move, and everybody moving to hybrid/electric(which isn't inherently a bad thing...), just makes me think that in 10 years time we're not going to be able to find a midsize somewhat sporty sedan with a manual at a reasonable price. Sad days ahead friends.