LegacyGT.com

6th Gen Legacy Wheel Thread

Haha thank you

To be honest pictures don't do justice . It really makes the car look upscale and gives it a very unique look . The wheels really compliment and match the body shape of the legacy . I had many many compliments and I'm happy with the purchase

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest pictures don't do justice . It really makes the car look upscale and gives it a very unique look . The wheels really compliment and match the body shape of the legacy . I had many many compliments and I'm happy with the purchase

Oozes class now :)

I think the Limited wheels look pretty decent, however these are a step up again. Plus also the extra width helps to fill out the guards and makes the car look more aggressive.

I can't remember are you running lowering springs denokarter or is this stock height?

Agreed that the stock wheels were pathetic. After getting stiffed by an insurance company on my totaled WRX aftermarket wheels I didn't feel like running out and buying new aftermarket wheels. Wouldn't mind finding a used set of STI wheels for around $600 but did this instead after owning the car for a few days.

Z5OQBQT

f3FfP2a

Edited by SubyBru

Hey new to this forum this is my first Subaru and not too sure on these tires so thought I would try asking here....I have a set a blizzak winter tires 225/60/17 would those be able to fit on my 2015 legacy?

They should fit on a standard wheel. Your speedo will be off slightly from stock.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=215-60r17-225-55r17

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

I'm guessing that 225/55/17 tires on stock 17x7.5 wheels are OK for a 2016 Legacy 3.6r Limited?

Thinking winter tires and slightly more sidewall for DC potholes.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

Oozes class now :)

I think the Limited wheels look pretty decent, however these are a step up again. Plus also the extra width helps to fill out the guards and makes the car look more aggressive.

I can't remember are you running lowering springs denokarter or is this stock height?

Sorry for the late reply. Been very busy . The car is stock height , no lowering suspensions or springs . Was thinking about lowering it but the wife drives it, might not be the best idea :lol:. Getting ceramic tints and exhaust tip OEM from subaru ( limited edition one)

Quick question for you guys. I picked up my winter tire and wheel package today. I know the idiot light for the TPMS sensors are going to stay lit with the snow tire package. My question is do I have to reprogram or train the original stock wheels when I switch back? Thanks.

Quick question for you guys. I picked up my winter tire and wheel package today. I know the idiot light for the TPMS sensors are going to stay lit with the snow tire package. My question is do I have to reprogram or train the original stock wheels when I switch back? Thanks.

Nope, you don't have to do a thing. I put my summers on and the light goes out after a few minutes.

So I did a quick search on the app "Let Go" and saw these babies. Bought them today for $350 for the set! Only 7500 miles on them! Thanks for the advice guys! Also, it seems the consensus is to go with 245/45/18 tires on these, right?

Bruh so lucky

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Would any of you guys know the size of the steelies ? 17 by what ?

All the stock wheel sizes are in the first post. Steel wheels on the 2.5 base model are 17x7 ET55.

So the All season tires for the base model is 225/55/17. Would I have a problem fitting 17 by 8 wheels ?

That should be fine. Recommended tire width on a 8" wide rim is either 225 or 235.

A few people have even fitted stock tires on 8.5" wide rims with a little stretch. The only issue you have is that there is generally less protection for the rim as the sidewall of the tire slopes in and any rim protection from the tire is diminished.

Edited by tigger73

So for the Carbide Gray paint, would a set of "Anthracite" rims match pretty good? Or, would that be too much gray?

Also, I saw the posting of OEM wheel sizes, but where are the load ratings of the OEM rims?

Personally, I thought it was too much grey, hence why I got the BBS SR in machined face instead.

Sent from my ASUS_Z016D using Tapatalk

I was thinking of these. If not, then maybe a black set with machined facing. Too much gray?

american-racing-maverick-anthracite-large.png

I like it, and I think the grey looks better than black. Here's the BBS that's on mine in case you haven't seen it earlier in the thread. It looks black but it's actually anthracite.

Btw, it seems like the largest size available on that American Racing wheel is 17", is that what you wanted? I got 19"s but I wish the BBS came in 20"s.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161006/b10ae1531446db46c43cf699f74ce360.jpg

Edited by vpdjc

I like it, and I think the grey looks better than black. Here's the BBS that's on mine in case you haven't seen it earlier in the thread. It looks black but it's actually anthracite.

Btw, it seems like the largest size available on that American Racing wheel is 17", is that what you wanted? I got 19"s but I wish the BBS came in 20"s.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161006/b10ae1531446db46c43cf699f74ce360.jpg

Yes, it's what we want. The 17x7.5" AR883. I wonder how close the Anthracite gray matches the carbide gray on the car?

This allows us to use the original tires that come with the car, and I actually like the smoother ride of the 17's vs the 18's on the Sport we test drove.

Specifically, my wife and I are looking at getting a base model 2.5i, because we like the simplicity of the car without all the extra bells and whistles (manual seats, etc). But, there are few things we want to upgrade right away. Wheels for one thing. Then, maybe a custom leather steering wheel, and some fog lights to install later on.

Edited by Condor1970