LegacyGT.com

Aluminum Radiator Options (98 OBW)

If you look on ebay there are a few unbranded ones for our gen cars, I have one waiting to be installed but haven't tested yet. I will probably replace the fans it comes with so I have some proper ones in that I trust, but otherwise seems fine. The 1st gen legacy also works and you can get legit branded rads. However they are an inch or so taller than ours so you will have to fabricate a way to mount it.

This is the one I bought

Rad.thumb.PNG.f20323dfa8d863c836a7892dd4cb81ad.PNG

This is the one for the 1st gen

2009488078_2.2trad.thumb.PNG.aaf0e2cb10b56e6660132ee826cdd915.PNG

Edited by Brighton96

If you look on ebay there are a few unbranded ones for our gen cars, I have one waiting to be installed but haven't tested yet. I will probably replace the fans it comes with so I have some proper ones in that I trust, but otherwise seems fine. The 1st gen legacy also works and you can get legit branded rads. However they are an inch or so taller than ours so you will have to fabricate a way to mount it.

This is the one I bought

[ATTACH]287182[/ATTACH]

This is the one for the 1st gen

[ATTACH]287183[/ATTACH]

Saw those.. Glad you posted about them. I figured I'd stay away from ebay garbage. How's the build quality?

Saw those.. Glad you posted about them. I figured I'd stay away from ebay garbage. How's the build quality?

Normally I'm hesitant too, the redeeming thing with it is it's aluminum and thus weldable, so if something breaks I can just fix it. The welds look nice and build quality is respectable. The coolant cap is weird and I had bought an OEM sti one for it because I don't trust the cap it comes with, but the filler neck isn't a Subaru one so I can't use the OEM cap which kinda sucks.