LegacyGT.com

Egr delete

Just don't.
Haha, this cracks me up. From what I've read and seen from the WRX crew you really need a tune after....so unless you're doing to do that, like he said, just don't.

That said, I didn't look at your profile but I think I remember you have the EZ36, and I'm not sure there's a kit out there for it....but maybe you can ask the Gen 5 boys and girls.

I think the point is gains, however small they may be come from better exhaust flow and lower cylinder temps rather than any concerns over cleanliness.

If you don't already have headers and a full exhaust that would be a far better way to get some power/flow. Again....with headers... get a tune.

• 3 months later...
I've never done this. Actually, I don't see the need of doing that. You know it is for your safety, actually for your car. I have a friend who found on the internet where to buy dpf and egr pieces for his Ford from 2012 and installed new filters there. You know even I see the difference in his car. I know that this sounds really strange but the engine now sounds better. Actually, he was about to sell that car 'cause he was afraid of losing more money. So I guess that you still need to think about this point. Edited by axii

I assume you mean EGR 'delete' lowers temps and increases mileage?

no. when reciculated exhaust gas enters the combustion chamber, it's basically an inert gas which can not explode a second time. this causes the cylinder temps to be lower because there's less of a "boom" happening.

it doesn't increase gas mileage as much as it reduces emissions. and in this case, more emissions does NOT equal more performance.

I assume you mean EGR 'delete' lowers temps ...

Nope. EGR reduces NOx emissions by lowering peak combustion temperatures.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png