LegacyGT.com

Just wondering regarding NVH in 7th Gen. Can someone who has upgraded from the 6th give me some comparisons.

I don't think my 2016 3.6lt is exceptionally quiet ... especially in regards to wind noise on highways. It's not terrible, but I'd prefer better.

In regards to general road noise, I think my OEM Dunlop SP Sport Max tires don't help much .... and I'll be putting on Michelins at my first change, and hopefully that changes things for the better.

Just wondering regarding NVH in 7th Gen. Can someone who has upgraded from the 6th give me some comparisons.

In the U.S., Gen 7 Legacys won't be available to dealers and customers for another 3 or 4 months (~July/August 2019).

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

In the pictures i have seen, it appears they have moved to using a framed door window instead of frameless like on my fourth gen. This should help with wind noise immensely.

Happened already on the 5th gen.

453747.png

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think my 2016 3.6lt is exceptionally quiet ... especially in regards to wind noise on highways. It's not terrible, but I'd prefer better.

In regards to general road noise, I think my OEM Dunlop SP Sport Max tires don't help much .... and I'll be putting on Michelins at my first change, and hopefully that changes things for the better.

I am sure it will be a big step forward. Even my refreshed 6th Gen is a bit quieter than earlier 6th Gen Legacies.

https://autoweek.com/article/chicago-auto-show/2018-subaru-legacy-shows-fresh-looks-chicago

"The suspension, including the dampers, was retuned on the 2018 model for a smoother ride.

To limit ride noise, Subaru says it reshaped the exterior mirrors, added new sound-insulating inner film glass for the front side windows and made the rear wheel aprons thicker.

Powertrain upgrades

Additionally, the continuously variable transmission on models with a 2.5-liter engine now uses an ultra-short pitch chain, which is quieter, Subaru said. The automaker has also made adjustments to engine timing under acceleration to further limit powertrain noise."

• 3 months later...