LegacyGT.com

2020 Touring XT on order

March isn't over yet.

But then SIA is shut down next week, too. And there's a possibility of a second week.

Only you can decide how long is too long.

Sorry for the delay. Were it me I'd just keep driving my 2013 until the new one arrived.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would agree. What is the hurry right now with everything shut down on slow every where. It will be worth the wait.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ordered my Touring XT right after Christmas and took delivery of it today. I commute 150 miles a day so look forward to driving to-from work once the shelter in place order is finally lifted in California.

Congratulation on you new purchase. You will love it.

Congratulation on you new purchase. You will love it.

This is actually my second Legacy. My first was a white GT I bought new in 2012. Wife was adamant I was too old for the STI, so that’s what I ended up with. No regrets, it’s been a great car. This time I went with black with the only options being, added a rear spoiler, phone charger and splash guards. So far really like the new Legacy. It’s a nice looking car and the CVT some are grumbling about seems like much to do about nothing. It’s not an STI, but it seems to have a decent amount of power. It’s still brand new so couldn’t open up to see. That said, thanks and happy to be the first in my area with a new black Touring XT.

• 4 weeks later...
Still waiting sigh. Was told 3 weeks ago it would arrive in March. Now we have this corona virus shit. How long would you wait before just moving on?

So I am sad to say as of today I still don't have my car. My dealer told me the factory is closed and they have no idea of status. They told me they only found 2 xt limited cars in the entire US with a vin number. They offered a refund of my deposit. I have a feeling I may never get this car.

My local dealer has a wrx limited in the lot, I went and looked at it but it's small and not the same.

Edited by propagandax

There are lots of Touring XTs on Auto Trader but you may have to travel to get one. That’s how I found mine, I had to drive two hours across Ohio to get it. White Touring XT.

That’s probably the only option at this point if you want an XT or Touring XT. I was fortunate to take delivery of mine end of March, but I’d ordered it in December. Almost cancelled but couldn’t pass up the 0% interest.

• 2 weeks later...
So I am sad to say as of today I still don't have my car. My dealer told me the factory is closed and they have no idea of status. They told me they only found 2 xt limited cars in the entire US with a vin number. They offered a refund of my deposit. I have a feeling I may never get this car.

My local dealer has a wrx limited in the lot, I went and looked at it but it's small and not the same.

Why not? Because you can't get it this week you can never get it? Subaru going out of business?

There is one that is not too far from me (Minneapolis) - red, ivory interior, it was a dealer demo though. I was working them on a price ($31k) when the shutdowns occurred and I felt like they wanted a little more than I was willing to pay for a car with 4,500 miles on it.

Currently on the hunt for a Touring XT. My dealer has expressed willingness to go get the car from a different dealer so I am just waiting to see if I can get a better deal. Currently they are at $33.5k plus transportation fees so probably around $34.

I'm in a 2017 Legacy Sport so I don't have much complaints and don't even know if I am going to keep this car or trade it in....

I had placed an order for a Limited XT Legacy on January 20 with a local dealer. At that time the delivery was projected to be May, no specific date. Then the factories were shut down a month or so later. I called Subaru a few weeks ago and was told the order was in the system for end of May. From their web site full operation is to begin this Monday so I have no idea where that puts my order.

I had placed an order for a Limited XT Legacy on January 20 with a local dealer. At that time the delivery was projected to be May, no specific date. Then the factories were shut down a month or so later. I called Subaru a few weeks ago and was told the order was in the system for end of May. From their web site full operation is to begin this Monday so I have no idea where that puts my order.
Production starts but it will be only a fraction of capacity. It's going to be a while before they get back to anything close to normal production numbers.

• 1 month later...
Got an update on my order, they are at full production, and mine shows a July “arrival”, which may mean when it is scheduled for the production line. They will begin 2021 production toward end of August. On an Outback forum someone who placed his Outback order in February just recently got the email with VIN number stating first week of July delivery. I’m a little ticked that someone who placed an order in Feb. has already gotten a VIN. But maybe they are scheduling Outbacks before Legacys.

So I got my car today. Ordered end of December. I was told my car was #5 off the production line. Definitely an upgrade from my 2013 model. Turbo is nice. CVT still has lot to be desired. Slight delay when punching the gas. Amazing on the highway

So I got my car today. Ordered end of December. I was told my car was #5 off the production line.

That’s really good news, enjoy the car. I’m hoping my July “arrival” holds up and I get the car by August if nothing else happens. Otherwise I’ll cancel the order and then look at placing one for a 2021 in September or October.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of tales similar to mine here. I did the paperwork for an Abyss Blue Touring XT on Feb. 17 with delivery originally slated for the end of April, and then it got caught up in the plant closures. I called my salesman in early June after the factory reopened. He was able to tell me the order went in and my car had been built, but delivery wasn't expected until July.

Was at the dealership for an unrelated reason about two weeks ago and happened to run into him. He said he'd be calling me soon about the car. As of today, still haven't heard from him. Thinking of giving him another call.

I'm trying my best to be patient, but it's getting more difficult by the day.

Edited by hatch97

I'm trying my best to be patient, but it's getting more difficult by the day.

I feel you. I ordered a Limited XT in January and shown a May delivery at that time, then the shutdown. The last time I checked by calling Subaru myself I was told that mine shows an “arrival” in July. Well here we are a week into July and I’ve heard nothing. I’m going to call again tomorrow. I’ve seen people who placed orders in February and March getting those cars delivered in the last couple weeks. But I believe those were Outbacks. The Legacys seem to be a different story, and the Limited versions seem to be even rarer. I’ve checked a few dealer websites and I see that Touring XT models with a June manufacture date (they have included pictures with the door sill plate visible) popping up at a few dealers. If I’m told that my order has again been pushed off into August I may have my dealer look for a Touring XT that closely matches what I want. Otherwise it will only be a month or two before 2021 orders will be accepted.

If your order is for a Touring version you may be able work something out soon. But I think you should call Subaru yourself - (800) 782-2783 - if you have that VON (vehicle order number) give that to them and they can check the status of the production. The dealers don’t get a lot out of special orders and don’t have a lot of incentive to keep on top of what’s going on.

The factory is on shut down for MY change over so if your car wasn't available last week it's not going to available this week or likely next week.

I talked to my local dealer about an XT and was told they are rare, hard to get, and was told I'd have to order one.

I only know what the Subaru rep told me this morning when i called that the factory was not shut down and that he would follow up to see why mine hasn’t been scheduled yet and would get back to me. I’m hoping he knew what he was talking about.

The factory is on shut down for MY change over so if your car wasn't available last week it's not going to available this week or likely next week.

I talked to my local dealer about an XT and was told they are rare, hard to get, and was told I'd have to order one.

Just got a text from my salesperson with the VIN number and a delivery date of July 31. Called Subaru and will be getting the customer loyalty coupon of $500 to use against the purchase price and his screen shows delivery between 7/20 and 7/31. I’m happy.

Just called my salesman and he says they're currently showing the week of the 20th for mine. I have what I believe is the VON, but at this point I figure Subaru probably can't tell me any more than I already know.

One thing to do when you get the vehicle check for the software version on the head unit. 504 is the newly released version and newly delivered cars such as yours should have that installed. But if not check and have the service department do the update. It fixes a whole host of bugs in the previous software. Unfortunately my dealer’s service department doesn’t seem to know about it. But when I get my car I will check and if it shows 504 I will bring it to their attention and have them do my wife’s Outback Onyx XT that still has 502 with all the issues.

You can check when you get it by going to Settings on the screen and then scroll down to System and that will show the version.

One thing to do when you get the vehicle check for the software version on the head unit. 504 is the newly released version and newly delivered cars such as yours should have that installed. But if not check and have the service department do the update. It fixes a whole host of bugs in the previous software. Unfortunately my dealer’s service department doesn’t seem to know about it. But when I get my car I will check and if it shows 504 I will bring it to their attention and have them do my wife’s Outback Onyx XT that still has 502 with all the issues.

You can check when you get it by going to Settings on the screen and then scroll down to System and that will show the version.

Yep, had heard about this and planned on asking for that to be checked and/or upgraded prior to taking delivery.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, had heard about this and planned on asking for that to be checked and/or upgraded prior to taking delivery.

Spoke to my salesperson this morning and she said the status of the vehicle on order has been changed to “released”, so hopefully the next update will say shipped or on the truck. I will check the software on the car when I’m called in. I have a copy of the technical service bulletin that they should have by now that covers the new 504 software update.