LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

188,xxx had 6x,xxx when purchased in 2013 running alright last 3.5 years was running with a catted Cobb down pipe IHI VF52 turbo with stage 2 20% wastegate shelf tune on access port V3 till have replaced rear o2 fell apart internally and now front o2 sending incorrect readings causing it to run Rich will be replacing that and getting a new turbo due to blown center cartridge front seal also causing a excessive oil consumption had coil on cylinder 2 fail 3 months ago luckily there was one and only 1 in town at a parts store but other then that doing great

How did you conclude the turbo was bad? Lots of oil residue on the exhaust side?

Get BtSsm instead. Great app made by one forum member.

Awesome program! I do not have a droid device yet but might just for the car now. Thanks! Looks like openport is still best way to go since he disconinuted selling his own hardware. Time to pony up.

Xt2005bonbon

I originally was going in finally for a custom tune after running the stage2 20% low wastegate tune for the tune being we originally thought the oil dump tube gasket was leaking so I had the shop going to do the tune check it out but was not as simply as we thought oil around compressor housing not exhaust side and going down onto the cylinder head a little but the front oil seal for the center cartridge was leaking causing boost leak as well as pulling oil through the seal under boost I ordered my new turbo the Tomei MX7960F should be here Thursday as well as the NTK AFR upstream O2 sensor should be here in 2 days then once I install everything this weekend I’ll go in for a custom tune and in a month or so I’ll be getting a air oil separator to eliminate the normal oil accumulation that our Subaru’s have in general

So far turbo is fine other then the seal going bad but is normal on the factory IHI turbos if you drive spiritedly and push them a little to hard they weren’t designed around performance driving so it’s bound to happen sooner or later if you drive spiritedly highest boost it saw on the Cobb was 20PSI if it over boosted other then that was 13-16

Now the shaft on the factory turbo had snapped right after oil change no metal in oil but the factory banjo bolt with the filter screen in it had plugged up causing the turbo to run dry and cause the turbo to fail so new stainless steel braided oil lines no filter and oil feed line relocated on engine for higher oil flow

Awesome program! I do not have a droid device yet but might just for the car now. Thanks! Looks like openport is still best way to go since he disconinuted selling his own hardware. Time to pony up.

Btssm dump:

Btssm summary:

Virtual gauges, logging and Learning View, using Subaru Select Monitor (SSM) OBDII protocol on any Android device with OTG*.

Btssm app from playstore,

Aussie eBay vendor clear blue case usb A plug VagCom,

*Any Android device with OTG, (use the “OTG?” app from playstore to check your device)

eBay OTG to usb A female adapter if/as required for your android device.

Use this guide, the Btssm online manual and other related FAQ’s to get started.

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=20196&start=0

There may be issues with certain brand new devices running the latest android version, best check the lgt Btssm thread v2 for updates regarding.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/btssm-bluetooth-adapter-app-v-2-267811.html?p=5892434#post5892434

Otherwise, the app works well on even ancient Android devices and Android versions eg Samsung SGSi900 for example.

Of course Btssm also works with BT connection using specific BT OBDII plugs as discussed on the Btssm website: http://www.btssm.com.

• 1 month later...

276,000 miles. Invidia catted downpipe, new turbo inlet hose. Invidia uppipe flange came to me bent/warped and leaked despite multiple attempts. Fighting with them on a return. Leaked since first start even with 2x thick and double gasketing. Clearly a mfg issue. Steer clear of them. Grimspeed uppipe goes on Monday.

Spark plug and valve cover gaskets are weeping.

Opensource tuning it with MickeyD map, so far getting a lot of detected knock up high at 5500-6200rpm and 1.7-1.9 g.

Will see how long the old girl holds up. Thinking it’s time for a compression and leak down test....lol.

Still on OG turbo and OG banjo filter. Shaft play. Maybe rebuild DIY with new CHMR or go vf52....

4th gear syncro grinding. Reading that could be an issue with lubrication, so will try draining and refilling with new fluid.

Old girl will not die...

Edited by laramieskibum

I do plan to put an IAG Stage 2.5 shortblock, their "entry level" closed deck, before this one pops. I want to get the flex fuel kit and have my car tuned on E85, and at that power I have absolutely no faith in my tired old stock engine. :lol:

'03 Forester X 5mt - Engine Seized at 262k miles.

'05 LGT Wagon 6mt -MotoIQ.com Project Vehicle

'13 VW Touareg TDI - Daily Torque Monster.

On the DD wagon today. Original block. New turbo at 98k, under warranty. Tuned S2 for last 139k. HexMod 5EAT for at least 100k. All 4 wheel bearings replaced at varied intervals. New gas tank last week. Prop shaft and radiator 3 years ago. Rust starting on rear wheel quarters. OCI 3k, T6 Roki filter. Top off .5 quart/1k mi. Still shiny. Still pulls hard. No smoke. DWS Extreme year round. So only 55k on spec b.....

395304281_IMG_E09651.thumb.JPG.9c8cdf10d12e2a44118c17ff4333669e.JPG

Latest updates:

- 2 Front Calipers / Pads / Rotors

- New Konis / Rear Trailing Arms / New Bushings Alignment

- Borla Exhaust

I keep thinking I smell something burning in my pocket - Smells like someones burning money:lol::p

I keep wondering why I throw money at car with 130K miles?:confused::cool:

On the DD wagon today. Original block. New turbo at 98k, under warranty. Tuned S2 for last 139k. HexMod 5EAT for at least 100k. All 4 wheel bearings replaced at varied intervals. New gas tank last week. Prop shaft and radiator 3 years ago. Rust starting on rear wheel quarters. OCI 3k, T6 Roki filter. Top off .5 quart/1k mi. Still shiny. Still pulls hard. No smoke. DWS Extreme year round. So only 55k on spec b.....

do you recall exactly how your radiator failed? I have two obxts and both of them have had their radiator failed where the top plastic tank meet with the fins; and both at the same time!! 05 with 120k and 06 with 162k

I keep wondering why I throw money at car with 130K miles?:confused::cool:

Cause it's a special car! At least to us :spin:

do you recall exactly how your radiator failed? I have two obxts and both of them have had their radiator failed where the top plastic tank meet with the fins; and both at the same time!! 05 with 120k and 06 with 162k

Cause it's a special car! At least to us :spin:

Rad crack at filler neck.

Parts has nothing on depreciation and a loan....just stings more because it’s all at once...:redface:

But I've already bought this car 2x+ times over:spin:

Only 12K on the complete engine rebuild....:cool: - just not ready to sell it yet :p

Engine rebuild was after the 3rd Turbo Replacement :eek: - yeah never said I was bright:lol:

But I've already bought this car 2x+ times over:spin:

Only 12K on the complete engine rebuild....:cool: - just not ready to sell it yet :p

Engine rebuild was after the 3rd Turbo Replacement :eek: - yeah never said I was bright:lol:

Only twice:rolleyes::lol:

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold