LegacyGT.com

WRX USA's 09 OBXT Build Thread

WRX USA

It's not mine but auto braking, auto resume and lane keep warning beep (I think)

I'm in New Zealand...our used car market is flooded with Japanese imports and there are quite a few eyesight BPE models around my town

The car yard I bought my OB from had over sixty BPE models at the time

I'd say, right now in my town there would be at least 120 gen 3 Outbacks for sale (95% JDM imports)

Here's mine. JDM but no eyesight :( Although the red one is for sale so I could own it

Sorry if this is not acceptable to post my car here in your thread

5.thumb.jpg.ef9905e84feb5862c071f71f401c2f6a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I dropped off my right side JDM STi Recaro seat to be redyed and refinished on the bolster and it should be done some time next week. Fingers crossed that it comes out good.

I’m just over 133k miles now and I have Flex Fuel aspirations in the new year so I took advantage of IAG’s Black Friday/Cyber Monday 10% off deal on their short blocks and ordered their Stage 2 Tuff block with 99.75mm Cosworth pistons.

From here: https://www.iagperformance.com/IAG-Stage-2-Tuff-2-5L-Short-Block-WRX-STI-LGT-p/iag-eng-1211.htm

IAG Stage 2 Tuff Short Block

The IAG Stage 2 Tuff short block starts with new Subaru 2.5L EJ25 engine case halves that are bored and honed to 99.75 on our in-house Sunnen SV-10. IAG's in-house honing process is able to set piston to wall clearances tighter for a quieter running engine. The short block is measured and assembled using a new 2017+ Subaru 2.5L nitride treated STI crankshaft that is matched to ACL or King race main bearings. Next, IAG Spec H-Beam rods with ARP Rod Bolts are utilized to increase the power rating slightly at the expense of being heavier. The connecting rods are matched to ACL or King race rod bearings. The case halves are sealed with new OEM main case bolts and sealant. Finally, you have the choice to add Manley 99.75mm Platinum Series Forged Pistons or Cosworth forged pistons to finish off the short block.

The IAG Stage 2 Tuff Short Block has a power output rating of 675BHP.

I need to order an 11mm STi oil pump and figure out what I’m going to do with my heads. Optimally, I’d like to minimize my down time and have a complete long block ready to swap over all of my bolt ons and be thrown in. If you guys have any recommendations for heads or anything else, I’m all ears!

I’m still waiting on several bits for my EDM center console swap and I still need to swap over to my JDM front door cards to complete my black interior, once I get the Recaro seat back. In the mean time, I’ve started the upper black interior swap and have black JDM D pillars, black JDM rear gate trim, black JDM sunvisors, black JDM Oh Shit handles, and black sunroof trim. For the A/B/C pillars I have tan/ivory USDM pillars that I plan on wrapping in black Alcantara, since finding SRS compliant black JDM pillars isn’t easy.

Edited by WRX USA

black sunroof trim.

You've peaked my interest. I was unaware that the black headliner and the sunroof could be had together in the tbSTi model. I didn't think any of black headliner car had a sunroof.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

You've peaked my interest. I was unaware that the black headliner and the sunroof could be had together in the tbSTi model. I didn't think any of black headliner car had a sunroof.

You are correct, there is no JDM black headliner with sunroof. The trim that I’m referring to is the rubber trim that surrounds the sunroof opening that is part of the headliner. Valleylegacy told me about this solution, so I ordered 11’ of this:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F321394112708

I plan on covering the headliner in Alcantara but I’d like to find a professional in Portland to do that. Wrapping the pillars isn’t that bad (knock on wood!) because you can use contact adhesive on the plastics and it’ll be really hard to get it off so failure isn’t likely. On the headliner, you’re working with a different material and I think additional stitching would look really nice.

Edited by WRX USA

Turns out that IAG will be shipping my short block this week! I went by Surgeline Tuning to talk about my build and found out that it would probably be February-March before it could be in my car. Now, I need to find heads to have them rebuilt so I can get the long block ready.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I got the passenger side JDM STi Recaro installed with the OEM Occupant Detection System transferred out of my 2009 Outback XT seat.

After seeing Underdog post his bypass system (http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5669758&postcount=261) that used a switch instead of the OEM bladder system I contacted him about making me one. He was going to make me one but I haven’t heard from him since November. I hope he is okay. Since I hadn’t heard back from him I thought I would take it upon myself to follow his instructions and make one of his bypass switches myself. That failed so I decided to disassemble my seat further to see if I could get out the bladder, since I had already drilled out the rivets on the Occupant Detection control module.

After removing the bladder I installed it in my STi Recaro.

mTITRpb_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

The STi Recaro foam can be easily replaced as well.

W3L2A8Q_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

I attached everything to the bottom of the seat.

MpGh3VX_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

I got the seat installed and verified that the Occupant Detection system works as it should. All I need now is the parts for my EDM center center console swap and to install my front JDM doorcards, and of course black seat belt buckles.

xSg8v0b_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

what are you looking for the edm parts ?

The list that I have is:

92178AG110 - Bracket, parking brake LHD

66073AG170JC - Panel-center lower, driver

92122AG240 - Ashtray frame

66077AG410 - Ornament-panel assembly driver

66073AG150JC - Panel-center lower, passenger

66077AG371 - Ornament-panel assembly passenger

Edited by WRX USA

parts can be odered in europe yes , i did that . i do not know who will ship directly to noth america .

partsouq.com will do i think .

understand subaru in europe is not popular like north america . France , italy, spain not a lot ! england yes but is wrong side for us , so its more germany you will find , so check the deutch ebay .

popular in Russia in fact .

if you buy new the most expensive are the trim ( ornament panel ) .