LegacyGT.com

Failed Smog (California)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I called both local dealerships and they said it's not a part they can order.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Interesting. Probably have to get it directly from SOA then since the part number starts with SOA______.

• 3 years later...
Well, back to this. My car has failed again 4 years later, because the smog tech said I should have 2 catalytic converters. He also said that California ARB shows that a 2010 legacy 2.5 turbo should have 2 catalytic converters.

Well, back to this. My car has failed again 4 years later, because the smog tech said I should have 2 catalytic converters. He also said that California ARB shows that a 2010 legacy 2.5 turbo should have 2 catalytic converters.

That sucks. This is why I will never move to Cali...

Uhhhh no. Maybe he clicked on the 3.6R by accident? Unless California-sold GT's are special, we only have one from the factory.

If anybody works at Subaru and can get me a letter and diagram showing what the 2010 2.5GT exhaust system should look like, I would appreciate it.

That sucks, I would contact Subaru again to see if they can help get CA straightened out with the diagrams.

That sucks, I would contact Subaru again to see if they can help get CA straightened out with the diagrams.

As I understand it, the issue isn't the state itself its the independent certification shops. They obviously don't have a central database.

I would ask for the reference he is using. Clearly its incorrect.

Do you have the correct emissions sticker under the hood? SOA focked up and stuck the wrong ones under the hood in 2010. They will send you the proper one.