Failed Smog (California)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

So did all of you call and create a ticket with SOA to get this resolved? I've been out of the game for a bit and must've missed this anyways I'm supposed to sell the car this week. And since I currently have it registered in AZ and there is no smog here. The guy that's buying it is from Ca and is going to have to smog it when he registers it here

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So I just got off the phone with Brad from SOA and he wasn't aware of the issue yet. He said once I sell the car the new owner will register it and they will send him the packet. To have it fixed. Problem is he won't be able to register it in his name until it's smogged I believe. Wtf. Does any have a contact at SOA that actually knows about this issue

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Everyone with a 5th gen gt will get one whether you want it or not. I got one and Florida doesn't smog test.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Nope, only 2010 5th Gen GT's. My 2012 is correct and I imagine the 2011's are fine too.

Also, don't use any kind of chemicals to clean off your old sticker before putting the new one on. I used rubbing alcohol and it rubbed away some of the paint under the hood. The paint is very thin.