LegacyGT.com

1996 legacy L Conversion, GT look alike

I am looking into a 1996 legacy w/ 150,000 or so miles, it looks quite

ugly , I was wondering if anyone has converted , hood "scoop" lights, bumber,

spoiler, etc.. to make an l model look like a gt, then perhaps swap engines

in the near future, i just love the way these cars look and was looking

for a cheap way to get into one.

I believe, and don't quote me on this, any parts up to the 2000 Model Legacy are interchangeable with yours. They are all the same body style, and the differences between the GT and the L are very minor. So if you can find yourself some GT parts they should match up.

I think you mean 1999 Legacy?

2000 (BE/BH) Legacies won't bolt up to a '96.

I myself contemplating swapping an interior center console from a 2000+ for the better cup holders, but I'm not sure if it would work.

Regular GT's from this generation aren't that more expensive than a L model. I think by the time you track down all the body pieces, you would be better off with a GT model in the first place.

Regular GT's from this generation aren't that more expensive than a L model. I think by the time you track down all the body pieces, you would be better off with a GT model in the first place.

Especially for the dual cam engine. Doesn't the L model only come with the SOHC 2.5L motor??

Especially for the dual cam engine. Doesn't the L model only come with the SOHC 2.5L motor??

If its a 96 L, chances are its a 2.2. The 2.5 came standard on the GT, LSi, and the first Gen. OB.

Archived