LegacyGT.com

California Car vs. Non Emission Regulated Car

User Name

Hey Guys,

Been too busy to post an introduction thread, so here's another question.

Looking at buying a LGT and would like to know if there are any extra emissions parts on a CA then a car I would buy in Florida? IE: Extra cats, smog pump, etc...

I'm sure I'll purchase a down pipe shortly after the car, maybe that will negate any extra 'goodies' that came on the car due to it needing emissions testing.

Thanks

No. All BL/BP (05-09) LGTs are 50-state cars. In other words, they all meet CA emission standards. Not surprising considering that something like 13 states now use CA standards. BTW, your title is completely inaccurate. All U.S. spec cars are emission regulated. There are just two emission standards allowed under the Clean Air Act for light-duty passenger vehicles: federal or California.

In my state, cars are only regulated when manufactured. I've bought, sold, owned half a dozen cars without cats, pumps, etc...

Your state may not enforce or inspect vehicles for emissions but it does not mean that your vehicle emissions is unregulated. It still falls under the federal EPA emission laws.

Your state may not enforce or inspect vehicles for emissions but it does not mean that your vehicle emissions is unregulated. It still falls under the federal EPA emission laws.

bingo, it is still a federal offence to remove emissions equipment from cars that are federally mandated to have them. That being said it is still up to the individual states to enforce such laws.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

They couldn't legally look under my car without need and a warrant. My last three cars have been catless. Pulled over numerous times, smell is obvious, never a word. Some officers even compliment the O/R pipes.

Hopefully we never go back to emissions here....

Archived