LegacyGT.com

Tire feedback / opinions on what you have

long story short.

Tire opinions from tirerack.com not if i should buy from them or not.. but the tires that are offered for the 09 legacy.

What tires do you have from there and how well have they held up (mileage wise). I have/had Continental DWS's and i blew a sidewall out. because i'm replacing one, i'm getting them all. I bought the car used with these tires at about 60%. so i'm unsure how they have been. They have been decent tires for me so far. but if i know there are better i'll get those.

thoughts opinions. I know there are tons of tire threads, but when was the most up to date one?

cheers & thanks

Just get another set of dws. They are great tires for the average dd. Some tires may corner better but at an extra cost and weight. I went with the dws again after looking at all other tires. Cheaper and handles great in any weather. General g max was my 2nd choice but its directional

I've pretty much tried them all. Had a set of DWS as well. They're pretty good tires for your average DD, but if you're an aggressive driver who occasionally wants to throw the car sideways, the performance of these is mediocre.

It all depends on what you want out of your tires. I take it you want them to last a long time? Then look for tires with high tread wear ratings like 600. If you want performance and handling, go for a set of tires with the tread wear 200 or less. 350-400 is a happy medium I find.

The higher the number, the longer they will last. The lower the number, the better they will handle. You can't really have both, but if you go between 300-400 you will have the best of both worlds.

The tread wear number is right on the sidewall of the tire, and also on tirerack's website.

Good luck with your purchase.

If you want handling performance.. buy a set of summer wheels w/ Conti DW (dry/wet).

otherwise stay with the dws. best tire for the $ in all aspects.

(this is just my opinion, i'm a conti fan they always do me well)

Yeah, i'm not doing anything crazy with the car. it's going to be a shower, not a performer. It's kind of funny.. i get a $100 gift card from adidas if i get 4 of these tires... i work for the company and get a really nice discount. what costs the avg customer $100 will cost me $40. I may get a really decent deal that way. mm?

back on the tread. I know the DWS are tires i wanted on my old car but were sold out andwouldn't be in stock for at least 3 months at that time. so i'm happy that these are in stock but just still pissed at myself i have to get new one anyways. Life lesson is all i guess.

I think i have 2 sets i'm looking at... as soon as i can remember my login in information i'll post up to get your opinions on which of the two.. however DWS tires seem to be the winners hands down

I went with Goodyear Eagle GT's when the crap stock ones expired.... I love the Eagle GT's. I have over 40k on them and they are holding up well. Very good in rain....

I had Eagle GTs for about 2 years until the tread started separating. Replaced them with Dunlop SP Sport Signatures. They're quieter and handle a little bit better.

My biggest complaint with my Eagle GTs was the snow traction, or lack of. They'd grip well enough to get you going but stopping and turning was an adventure. The Dunlops have been far better.

If I were buying new tires now I'd probably get Kumho Ecsta 4X.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I don't think the terms 'ultra high performance' and 'all season' can reasonably be used to describe any one tire. It's a contradiction in terms.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

It was between some pirelli tire with a 700 A A rating and the DWS tires with a 540 A A rating. I get the lower rating i know however i bought a 'high' rated tire in the past for my old vehicle.... shit didn't last. I had less than 9000 miles on the tires and it lasted me about 7 months. it literally went bald. This was on a neon daily driver non turbo. lol i'm not a fan of these ratings. I just want what peoples experiences are and real stories.

shit BFgoodrich on a 2000 sante fe. stock set of tires 105xxx miles on them. the second set of same tires (we bought from oem), this vehicle has 24xxxx miles on it with the second set still on and a lot of life left. tires were about 175 per but dam was it worth it IMO.

It was between some pirelli tire with a 700 A A rating and the DWS tires with a 540 A A rating. I get the lower rating i know however i bought a 'high' rated tire in the past for my old vehicle.... shit didn't last. I had less than 9000 miles on the tires and it lasted me about 7 months. it literally went bald. This was on a neon daily driver non turbo. lol i'm not a fan of these ratings. I just want what peoples experiences are and real stories.

shit BFgoodrich on a 2000 sante fe. stock set of tires 105xxx miles on them. the second set of same tires (we bought from oem), this vehicle has 24xxxx miles on it with the second set still on and a lot of life left. tires were about 175 per but dam was it worth it IMO.

Pirelli's wear so fast! I've put about 25k on my Sottozero II pirelli winters... and they are almost kicked. I've had P6's and P Zero Nero's. All great tires... but they wear super fast.

So i have the new treads on the car. Super glad the stupid donuts off.

now the thing i have to say, the tire pressure sensor is still on.

i've put 20 miles on the car knowing it would reset after x miles... but it's still on?

I checked all the tire pressures. The car says it should be around 32 PSI. the place that did the tires at them at 31-34.

I bumped them to 45 as the tires themselves say max 51. (i'm always 5 under max, my preference).

this sensor though isn't going off. Am I missing something. the handbook also says it should shut off. I just don't get it. The tires were simply replaced, not the rims. >.<

i've put 20 miles on the car knowing it would reset after x miles... but it's still on?

I checked all the tire pressures. The car says it should be around 32 PSI. the place that did the tires at them at 31-34.

I bumped them to 45 as the tires themselves say max 51. (i'm always 5 under max, my preference).

this sensor though isn't going off. Am I missing something. the handbook also says it should shut off. I just don't get it. The tires were simply replaced, not the rims. >.<

Lower the pressure down to ~36psi (for testing). The sensors will trip if the pressure is too low or high.

It should reset when you get above about 25 mph, or drive about a mile. If it doesn't reset the sensor is busted.

ideas on cost to replace it. i promise the place i went to won't replace it because they're pricks... they were the most convenient for me as they were open the latest. otherwise it would have waited until sunday before i could have gotten it changed...

Archived