LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

Mine has 183,000 and is all stock beside a spt intake a spec stage 2 clutch. I just had to remove, clean and grease the starter because it started some squealing and also had to reweld up an exhaust hanger that rusted through.

I also have my starter out but can't unscrew the two Phillips screws on the plunger side of the housing. Planning on replacing the contacts while I'm at it since the starts are taking a few more cranks than usual - all other connections look clean and battery is charged.

Did you get to the Phillips screws?

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

I also have my starter out but can't unscrew the two Phillips screws on the plunger side of the housing. Planning on replacing the contacts while I'm at it since the starts are taking a few more cranks than usual - all other connections look clean and battery is charged.

Did you get to the Phillips screws?

You say a few more cranks to start.

My wagon seems to do that after winter. Last year and this past April, sometimes it would take like 5 cranks to fire up. Normally every morning on the 3rd crank it fires. I was thinking may be fuel pump was getting tired. But since that week or two it has fired up on the 3rd crank over every time.

Those contacts won't effect it firing up.

BTW the wagon will turn 244,000 on the drive to work tomorrow.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You say a few more cranks to start.

My wagon seems to do that after winter. Last year and this past April, sometimes it would take like 5 cranks to fire up. Normally every morning on the 3rd crank it fires. I was thinking may be fuel pump was getting tired. But since that week or two it has fired up on the 3rd crank over every time.

Those contacts won't effect it firing up.

BTW the wagon will turn 244,000 on the drive to work tomorrow.

Hmm, maybe I need to take a look at the pump then. My car is only at 105,000. The starter is out so I'll do the contacts anyway, any maybe that will address the whine that it starts with anyway.

Has anyone experienced ABS kicking in for a few seconds after start ups? Air in the brake lines?

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

ABS, that's a new one. Never heard of that happening.

Don't be in a hurry to replace the fuel pump. I did nothing and the car starts fine all the time.

How old are your spark plugs ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I've owned the car since 79,000 miles and it's at about 105,000 now. I went over what documentation I have and none of it mentions spark plugs. However, a lot of work, including a new intercooler, turbo, etc. was done in 2010 when it only had 50,000 miles, so I would guess spark plugs went in around that time.

In any case, I think you're right to point out the spark plugs. Last fall I experienced a momentary power loss while accelerating at highway speeds, no CEL. My mechanic friend also mentioned spark plugs.

I'm unfamiliar with spark plugs... are there any considerations I need to make for a modified car? Ported vf52 and Perrin TMIC, injectors flow at 638 cc/min at 100% IDC, 457 cc/min at 75% IDC.

Edited by Enlight

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

valve clearance?

Max Capacity has his signature that tells people to check their 'oil level'; me I keep telling people to check their valve clearance :lol:.

Not a clue, never checked. But she does still run strong with not knock to red line:cool:.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Did a compression test today.

Cylinders\ PSI

1)150

2)150

3)150

4)160

Spark plugs 1 & 2 look good, but 3 & 4 are badly worn, with heavy white deposits.

Amazing with the number of miles you have. Heavy white deposits may indicate running lean or too hot, though.

I've owned the car since 79,000 miles and it's at about 105,000 now. I went over what documentation I have and none of it mentions spark plugs. However, a lot of work, including a new intercooler, turbo, etc. was done in 2010 when it only had 50,000 miles, so I would guess spark plugs went in around that time.

In any case, I think you're right to point out the spark plugs. Last fall I experienced a momentary power loss while accelerating at highway speeds, no CEL. My mechanic friend also mentioned spark plugs.

I'm unfamiliar with spark plugs... are there any considerations I need to make for a modified car? Ported vf52 and Perrin TMIC, injectors flow at 638 cc/min at 100% IDC, 457 cc/min at 75% IDC.

One step colder plug would be fine for your set up. I run one step colder because they are cheaper.

Every 60,000 miles is the time to replace them. When I pushed mine till about 72,000, I got a CEL and knew it was time to replace them.

Coming up on 230,000 miles. Still regularly auto-x'ing it. It's holding up. Though I suppose the mileage is irrelevant at this point considering how much I've replaced in the last two years. :lol:

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Then perhaps it is probably time to check!

do you have a way to log? Any cylinder roughness count at warm idle?

The last log I did are good & all cylinders roughness count is 0:cool:.

Amazing with the number of miles you have. Heavy white deposits may indicate running lean or too hot, though.

Or the injectors, they are original. Never been touched. Mite switch 3 & 4 with 1 & 2 to see what the spark plugs look like.

Been awhile since I've been on the forum but I saw this thread and thought I should check in. My '06 GT is currently at 229k miles on the stock block. The turbo was upgraded at 120k with a BNR 18G, and it literally just blew last Sunday. Kudos to BNR for making an aftermarket turbo that can last over 100k!

• 4 weeks later...
Replaced the original VF-40 with a Six Star Speed VF-39, at 314600 miles. That's been on the shelf for almost 3yrs. Drop DP & check turbo for shaft play: Not bad, no in & out, but some up & down, but not enough play to hit the sides of the turbo housings.