LegacyGT.com

stock bulbs to HID kit

Nonvteclegacy

Does anybody have the HID kit from the factory? If so does you car come with Day time running lamps? I was thinking about getting some HIDs. If I buy an after market HID kit do you think I would need to uninstall my DTRL?

DTRL only use 40percent of wattage until you turn your headlight switch on. I was thinking since HIDs have to charge up at 40 percent of the power might make the HID bulbs go out. What do you guys think?

he's talking about the JDM OEM HID setup.. if you look in the engine bay fuse box, there are two relay plugs for the HIDs..

Personally I stopped half way in researching about the wiring setup differences.. I didnt get far enough to get a hold of the contacts that I needed to even source the JDM HID part numbers and what was involved of installing them into the USDM cars.

If you plan on going aftermarket, just disable the DRLs, it's a 5 min job to do that.

OFF-TOPIC:

NONVTECLegacy, your SN should have been AVCSLegacy ;)

Keefe

Just trigger a relay with the oem + lead and power directly off the battery. DRL now triggers my xenon d2s system. works flawless. both myself and another member preadet are enjoying a complete xenon d2s projector retro with this setup.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14544&page=5&highlight=headlamp

peace

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Will installing the after market HID kit void anything on the warranty? I still got 9000 more bumper to bumper warranty. Off the subject I'm missing one of the mud flaps on the back. Will they give me a new one under warranty? Does anybody know where I can get OEM parts for cheaper then the Subaru store? Acessorys and stuff.

Will installing the after market HID kit void anything on the warranty? I still got 9000 more bumper to bumper warranty. Off the subject I'm missing one of the mud flaps on the back. Will they give me a new one under warranty? Does anybody know where I can get OEM parts for cheaper then the Subaru store? Acessorys and stuff.

Whoa, whoa, whoa there buckaroo, that's a whole lot of questions in one post:icon_bigg

SOA is pretty rough, if they can trace a system failure back to a particular modification, they will not warranty the part. That being said, example - turbo back exhaust installed on the car and the power window switch breaks. The two systems are not related, so it should be warrantied. Next - turbo back installed and the turbo implodes, no warranty coverage.

Oh and the mudflap, kiss the service managers butt and he may cut you a break, but probably not covered.

- "I've worked with better, but not many."

Archived