LegacyGT.com

Transmission shuttering

My transmission started shuttering under hard acceleration. Fluid is slightly low. Manual says to use type J. Drove all over town trying to find type J with no luck. What is everyone using? I doubt the shutter is due to the level but have to eliminate it. It doesn't shutter in sport mode. Doesn't make sense. My Excursion started doing same thing and I add some shutter stop additive . Anybody use it in there 5EAT? I've got 100k on it so it may be time to get a IPT?

*shudder.

And, the 5EATs last plenty long, if taken care of. Now's a good time to get the fluid changed, just for good measure. Slightly low is where they're supposed to be, as, they don't like to be overfilled, that's when shit happens.

You SHUDDER is likely driveline related.

Lol. Yup shudder. I have only had my LGT for 2k miles. The first thing I found was a over filled trans. I used my vacuum tank to suck it down to where it should be. Guess I'll do a fluid change. What's up with the type J fluid. What's everybody using?

Lol. Yup shudder. I have only had my LGT for 2k miles. The first thing I found was a over filled trans. I used my vacuum tank to suck it down to where it should be. Guess I'll do a fluid change. What's up with the type J fluid. What's everybody using?

Mobile 1 synthetic..

Amsoil ATF is great, but super pricey. AT $11 A QUART!!!!:eek:

Bish, please. My OIL is $11/qt and it goes like, maybe 2500 miles before I change it. My trans is Valvoline synthetic and that gets changed every 10k or less.

Archived