LegacyGT.com

Is there any place to attach a cheap hitch??

2006 LGT. I'm looking to add a hitch to haul a small trailer to transport my kayak. I don't want to spend $500 on a roof rack so if anyone knows if and what hitches will work I'd really appreciate it!!

Depends on the size you want and clearance: the OEM hitch probably has the best clearance and is a 1.25", and costs about $300. There are aftermarket ones that are cheaper and also available in 2" but they usually sit a little lower.

2006 LGT. I'm looking to add a hitch to haul a small trailer to transport my kayak. I don't want to spend $500 on a roof rack so if anyone knows if and what hitches will work I'd really appreciate it!!

OEM hitch, See page 8.

http://www.subaru.se/commonmedia/parts/brochures/legacy/older/Legacy2006EN.pdf

But that's also $500. However $500 on a hitch is worth more than $500 on a roof rack since it offers more flexibility.

Part number L101EAG020 for Sedan, L101EAG030 for Wagon. (See also page 13 in document)

453747.png

There are plenty of bolt-on options for LGT hitches. The frame rails have 4 holes pre-drilled under the mufflers.

Hidden Hitch, Curt and a few others have options. Most are a 1.25" receiver though.

Installation can be with jackstands in a drive-way. I'd recommend removing the exhaust system at the Y-junction to make access easier.

Oh, and search is your friend...

even the u-haul hitch is less than 200 i think, I hauled a 5x8 trailer full of stuff with it and it did fine.

Archived