LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

The STI BBS wheels I bought from a guy on this forum last year came with nearly new Conti DWS. I'm very impressed with how they drive, compared to the stock tires (with ~36k miles on them) they replaced.

Based on how I drive, these tires (and much lighter BBS wheels), as well as the 20mm rear sway are all that I need for performance upgrades on this car (2015 2.5i). Dedicated summer tires, like I had on my STI before, would likely help performance in certain situations, but it's not worth the reduced tread life and possible MPG hit, compared to decent all-season tires.

//

As I mentioned, the Blizzaks seem to be louder than the Conti Winter Contacts I had on my Civic. This isn't an apples to apples comparison, though (Civic with Conti vs STI, Legacy, and FXT with Blizzaks), but it's not a bad anecdote. Just looking at the tread pattern, you can see that the Blizzak tread and sipes look a lot different than the Contis. It's been too long since I researched the differences, but I would guess that the Blizzak, with its wider channels and larger blocks are what causes the increase in noise, as the tread moves around more during rotation. This might make them better at slush/water evacuation, compared to the Contis, but the Contis seem to have plenty of space in its lateral grooves to serve the same purpose, though the Blizzaks have much larger radial grooves. I'm not sure what difference the differently-designed shoulder blocks make, but they are noticeably different between the two tires.

Anyone with more tire design knowledge wanna chime in?

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

I was overdue to do this, but I went over my car with a clay bar and finished it off with a paint sealant. I would have done the paint correction too if it wasn't 95 degrees. Since I forgot to mention it, I also had 20% ceramic tint installed all around minus the windshield. Once I have the cracked windshield replaced (cracked in the upper right corner) I'll have 70% installed on the entire windshield.

picture.php?albumid=2665&pictureid=12270

Gloss black the stock grill and installed the eBay repilca lip. Just as a heads up the lip does come with screws but they are crappy. I just used some stainless steel screws instead which were more secure. The lip also comes with these t shaped rubber strips. They're for the sides of the kip where it touches the bumper. The double sided tape didn't seem to hold very well so I'll have to come up with a different solution.

Also added some black vinyl under the headlights. Might redo it to cover the whole thing.

Screenshot_20180616-204914-720x1280.thumb.png.6e56a3aa70244f160ee116ee0286da03.png

Screenshot_20180616-205300-720x1280.thumb.png.eb00571c10c381b174e6bce7ea5563b9.png

Gloss black the stock grill and installed the eBay repilca lip. Just as a heads up the lip does come with screws but they are crappy. I just used some stainless steel screws instead which were more secure. The lip also comes with these t shaped rubber strips. They're for the sides of the kip where it touches the bumper. The double sided tape didn't seem to hold very well so I'll have to come up with a different solution.

Also added some black vinyl under the headlights. Might redo it to cover the whole thing.

Came out nice!!the t-rubber in mine is holding up pretty well,I just wiped the lip with alcohol really well,it’s been fine even at 80-90mph when I test it.

I wanted it for the looks, But a bit pricey.
Check out WELL Visors I think is the name.. Their the same design but cheaper...

https://www.wellvisors.net/index.php/wellvisors-side-window-deflectors-subaru-legacy-sedan-2015-2017-with-chrome-trim.html

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by Grnlantern1

Axleback Exhaust - 2018 Legacy 3.6R

https://shop.namelessperformance.com/axleback-exhaust-2018-legacy-3-6r/

Man, that looks awesome!

Btw I never done an exhaust system upgrade, does it require tuning if I am just installing the above?

I just did mine today! It's so worth the money. No need for a radio anymore lol. Music to my ears. 1591496ee3ef74a0eea94b253f20fb3a.jpg

As far a needing a tune icewolf I doubt it really changes anything but sound. Cat back I could see needing some but nothing crazy. Course this is my first new car in 10 years lol. Nameless has been making these for years and deny specify us needing one. e55febf88402f43b06445128b57e8ea2.jpg

As far a needing a tune icewolf I doubt it really changes anything but sound. Cat back I could see needing some but nothing crazy. Course this is my first new car in 10 years lol. Nameless has been making these for years and deny specify us needing one. e55febf88402f43b06445128b57e8ea2.jpg

Do you happen to have video and more pics. I feared that when they finalized this that the gap between the muffler and bumper frame would be there. I wonder if the bumper ring can go back on it to hide the gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just did mine today! It's so worth the money. No need for a radio anymore lol. Music to my ears. 1591496ee3ef74a0eea94b253f20fb3a.jpg

Very nice, I take it you went with the 5” muffler sonits quietet than the other version correct?

I feel also the gap is a bit too much, I was hoping for bigger tips so it would fill in nicer.

Do you happen to have video and more pics. I feared that when they finalized this that the gap between the muffler and bumper frame would be there. I wonder if the bumper ring can go back on it to hide the gap.

I highly doubt the bumper ring would go back in because it’s a weird shaped O.

Very nice, I take it you went with the 5” muffler sonits quietet than the other version correct?

I feel also the gap is a bit too much, I was hoping for bigger tips so it would fill in nicer.

Yes I went with the 5" mufflers. Wanted the bark when at wot and not the constant drone. You can barely hear it in the cabin while on the interstate cruising in town theres just a low low drone but you wouldn't hear it with music on. I have videos but it wont let me upload them. And as far as the gap I'm ok with it. Could it be better? Yes but it is what it is. Its take some modification to get the stock pieces back in over the new tips. If you cut the tips off you could utilize the stock tips. I didnt spend $509 after shipping to hack it up lol. e0daf3674d4a7bea6c4aa63e973ba33a.jpgc3082573bce4f74162af2365408c4ba9.jpg9787cc21a0837c65ee0675f542971eca.jpgd587c4bc115b96f87424d4c13dd08e8e.jpg

I like the whole exhaust, I’m hoping they make something bigger to fill in he gap more, other than that it was a direct fit I take?

I do out decent amount of miles on the highway, I’m hoping the droning is not too bad. I do however listen to xm when I drive, I just don’t want it to be overpowering when I’m cruising and listening to music.

Finally got paid from this trucker’s insurance after it hit this Legacy and pushed it into ours back in February.

Using the money for some Pilot Sports

His Legacy

8cba91dd5a78d229daa66569407693ed.jpg

Our Legacy (Fixed a while ago)

42f863c45e310e9775c1740b34baefee.jpg

Finally got paid from this trucker’s insurance after it hit this Legacy and pushed it into ours back in February.

Using the money for some Pilot Sports

Damn! that's a long time. Thought they were usually faster than that. Guess it's longer because of the commercial insurance.