LegacyGT.com

Nameless axleback muffler deletes

I have been driving with the nameless axle back, up and down pipes for about 3 months now. If you enjoy a good rumble when you're at idle and roar when wide open throttle like I do...go for it

@ OP, deletes are deletes. It doesn't matter the brand, they will all sound the same. Look up videos on youtube of WRXs and Legacy GTs with similar set-ups to get an idea of the sound.

I had Grimmspeed DP to Nameless 5inch muffler Axle backs. and I personally didn't like the noise. I drive around a lot in 2nd and 3rd right between 2900 and 3100 rpm, which also happened to be exactly where the drone was. I fixed it by adding Equal Length Headers and a vibrant ultra quiet bottle style resonator to my set-up.

Just unbolt your mufflers and drive around to see if you would like deletes.

I drove a 12 hour round trip with the 5" Nameless axleback this weekend. Gets pretty old cruising at 80 for 6 hours straight, especially when going up inclines and applying a little bit of power. Can be covered up with music if you're ok with listening to music at like 8/10 volume for multiple hours on long drives. I'm sure the deletes take this up a notch or two.

Kinda fun around town though.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4158.jpg

I had those made and they were fine until I went catless DP, with stock mid pipe, then they were to loud.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Glad to hear it. I've been on the fence about getting the axleback. Cheaper than a catback and sounds better than any of the "loud" catbacks I've heard. Now my only concern is: Once I go Stage 3 with VF52, GS TMIC, fuel pump, etc. would a HKS hi power silent catback flow more air? I imagine going full straight pipes would exceed the acceptable Obnoxiousness:Performance ratio but I worry the catback wouldn't be obnoxious enough... :lol:

Where did you order yours from? Tuning Alliance is out of stock, RallySportDirect says "ships within 5-6 weeks," and Nameless Performance's own site sells it with the cheapest shipping option being $32 and change.

I ordered mine directly from nameless. They're built in batches unfortunately. Ordered mine march 31st but it takes about a month or so. Not like it matters now since my turbo is blown and haven't had time to install new one haha

Archived